My first GROW ( all on the cheap) less than $100.oo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes free is always good . now i;m not sure i can use it . 1 grow is enough and i'm thinking of lending to a friend to use at his house and help him get it started . Or i may strip it and use a rubbermaid container and bigger net pots to do a better unit ( later in the future of course ) . I'm so indecisive .:confused:

From what I understand, the size of the next pots have no say in how large your plants will get. I have had my mothers in 3" net pots for... gosh, it's been over 3 months. They have a stump on them... literally. Unless you are using large rock wool cubes, there is no reason to use larger net pots... IMHO.

Hey mang so far so good. Your babies are looking great. Here some GREEN MOJO to really get them babies growing. Good luck on the grow and we will be following. ;)

GreenMojo.JPG

well i went to my friends house today and took him the hydro unit . we built a nice grow box at his house for the new unit and went and got all necessary supplies . seeds going in tonight . SO BACK TO MY SOIL GROW :D

This journal will now be soley based on my soil grow . I'm growing the 2 different bagseed and things are going great . they seem to love the SUPERTHRIVE . The six that are in bigger pots seem to be doing best , i need to transplant the others now . :)

Thanks for stopping by TBG . i appreciate the mojo and kind words . hope you are a regular visiter . If anyone thinks there is anything i can do to improve the journal let me know . ALL CRITISISM is welcome and applied .

these are the six in the metal cab. they are doing good . atleast i think so ? LOL These were taken today APRIL 12 the pic of the single babie is the one doing the best so far . has new growth between the leaves !!!! ENJOY !!:)

APRIL 12 001.jpg

APRIL 12 002.jpg

APRIL 12 006.jpg

APRIL 12 007.jpg

The 6 in the photos above we will call group #1 , these are doing great and hopefully will be the first to be flowered ( the females anyway ) . i have done the first foliar feeding today with straight water , turned the upper lights off ( leaving the 6 side tubes on and put the fan on them . MY GOAL is to mimic a rain storm , ya know ( cloudy , overcast , wet , windy conditions ). Will see how this theory works . Group #2 the 4 from the same germed batch was transplanted today into bigger pots in my second cab. these will be the ones i top and flower later . Group #3 , is a week behind since i germed them later . they will be transplanted and also topped and trained . Updated pics coming later today .:D PEACE

My thought above was to mimic a storm without much change in lighting . I only turned off the top 2 lights because i think spraying with a hot lamp on would damage the leaves . The water droplets being like little magnifying glasses , this is just a crazy theory of course . Any thoughts?

well here are some new pics taken today . The one pic is of the operating table where all the transplants go down :) . some are during the " STORM " and others are after . few close ups of the best of the bunch showing good new growth . I'm afraid of over watering , am trying different methods but usually use a turkey baster and give a few squirts in the morning and a little spray of the soil at night with the mister .Today was the first foliar feed with JUST WATER no nutes . They seem to love the SUPERTHRIVE . any tips on this stuff? The other pics are of GROUP #2 after transplant from jiffy's .the last close up pic is of the best one in group #2 . THEY WERE GERMED SAME TIME AS GROUP #1 , what a difference bigger pots makes . The other 4 in that cab. are Group #3 . will be transplanting them soon also. i know these new pots and pepsi botles are still a bit small but will probably transplant 1 more time before flower . dont want to but will have to . PEACE FOR NOW & THANKS FOR STOPPING :bongin:

APRIL 13 FRIDAY !!! 001.jpg

APRIL 13 FRIDAY !!! 002.jpg

APRIL 13 FRIDAY !!! 003.jpg

APRIL 13 FRIDAY !!! 004.jpg

APRIL 13 FRIDAY !!! 005.jpg

APRIL 13 FRIDAY !!! 006.jpg

APRIL 13 FRIDAY !!! 007.jpg

APRIL 13 FRIDAY !!! 008.jpg

APRIL 13 FRIDAY !!! 009.jpg

APRIL 13 FRIDAY !!! 010.jpg

hey bro just wanted to say that everything looks great man. like the set up cheap is me lol graet job see ya around bro

I only plan on doing the " STORM ' once a week maybe 2 , trying to recreate mother nature .This may be a job beyond a rookie but i'm up to the task . Hell , i'll try anything once . LOL :cool:

Hey thanks for stopping by STICKY , i really like the cheap set up too . I always use what i have laying around first before spending money . kinda frugal i guess . So far this morning the babies are looking good . the new transplantees are also doing good and all got a DRINK this morning . Turkey baster seems to work great for watering , i can direct the flow without moving , plants , lights , . i feel like a mad scientist , and my wife is getting mad i keep raiding the kitchen for supplies !!! Measuring spoons , basters , cups , all her stuff is in the grow room now !!!! LOL .

todays pics ! the best little girl in group #1 .thanks for stopping by FOLKS , this place rocks!

PEACE:D

4-14-07 001.jpg

4-14-07 002.jpg

4-14-07 003.jpg

Well i check on the babies everyday and im amazed at the growth . It may not be substantial but is noticable , exspecially in digi pics . here is the one from yesterday and same plant today , ( 24hrs ) apart . its cool.

4-14-07 001.jpg

4-15-07 002.jpg

well im not sure if you are supposed to use this stuff every feed but i do , mixed like it says on the bottle , 1/4tspn per gallon of water . now using 1/8 strength nutes again , backed off from 1/4 strength . just playing it safe , there is some in the soil , ( so far so good ) . I open the doors and turn the fans on the plants everynight in both cabinets for a couple of hours and it deffinetly helps , the stalks are gettin fat , ( fat bottomed girls ) . anyways ! not running the built in fans in the cab yet till i turn back the timers trying to save some juice since smell is not an issue and the MAIN ROOM get plenty or airflow , i open cabs. often also . peekin in on the girls :rolleyes: .here are some other pics from group #1

4-15-07 002.jpg

4-15-07 003.jpg

4-15-07 004.jpg

4-15-07 005.jpg

this is a breakdown of what i'm using .
SOIL:
Miracle Grow organic potting soil ( canadian spaghnum peatmoss )
Perlite 8qrt bag
Vermiculite 8qrt bag
Compost soil ( from a buddy's compost heap ) rich & dark
worm castings
all mixed together , used a more perlite mixture in the jiffy's
perlite & vermiculite 50/50 in the soil mix

NUTES

Miracle grow - 15-30-15 plant food
Superthrive - mixed 1/4 tspn per gallon of water
Tap water that has sat out in jug and is between 6.4 - 6.8 ph

TEMPS. - now staying around 72 - 74 F with doors close atleast at plant level which is where the thermometer is . top of cab. get 85 if closed all night .

WATERING SCHEDULE:
Watering once in the morning from the "POT BAISTER" & spraying the soil in the evening if needed , i dont water much at a time. i'm still afraid of overwatering .

LIGHTS - on 24/7 for the vegge cycle and since sprouting

Large CAB. 6 - 48" 2 tube fluro fixtures ( mounted verticaly one on back wall and one on each side )
and 2 work lamp fixtures with CFL's for top light on adjustable chains .

BULBS
METAL CABINET:

the 48" bulbs are T12 type bulbs from any hardware store
2 -3000L - 3200K in the back light fixture
4 - 3000L - 5600K these are in the side fixtures
2 - 26w CFL's 1600L each / unknown K

PANTRY VEGGE CABINET :

3 - 24" fluro's T8 type grow bulbs
unsure of the info on these bulbs . they are " LIGHTS OF AMERICA" brand grow lights from the bulb section at walmart and are very cheap . seem to work but at a slow rate compared to the metal cab.

Just a few pics . cant help snapping some shot everyday to see growth ! these are pics of the best plant in group #1 again same as above ( 3 days).

4-14-07 001.jpg

4-15-07 002.jpg

4-16-07 001.jpg

Well its been a few days since i posted and thought i would update . Upon reading a few posts and talking to Elephantman in a chat one very stoned evening , i have now created a tea for the plants . See i have a pet bunny that eats alfalfa pellets and i had some peanut shells around from a night of the munchies , i read a post about organic nutes and decided what the " HAY " and made one . i soaked the shells and pellets in a sock and in warm water for a few hours then strained the juice again . i put it in a sealed jar and added a few hundred mililiters with my pot baister to my half full jug of water . i then topped the jug off not adding anymore superthrive or nutes and watered the girls Groups #1 , 2 , & 3 . No change yet of course but will see how it goes . i dried out what was left in the sock and will sprinkle around the soil later .So far things are going well . they are nice and green and gettin bushier as it goes . The stems are getting mighty FAT . There is also some very nice secondary growth on all the plants in group #1 . Here are a few updated pics and a close up of the secondary growth as well as a close up of the new top growth . I put 2 of the Group # 3 plants in the metal cab. they are from different seeds and want to get em bigger .

APRIL 19th 07 007.jpg

APRIL 19th 07 008.jpg

APRIL 19th 07 009.jpg

APRIL 19th 07 010.jpg

APRIL 19th 07 012.jpg

If you guys following this see anything wrong in the pics above please let me know . Im a newb so IT ALL LOOKS GOOD TO ME . all opinions welcome !!!PEACE:D

Well group # 2 is going considerably slower , with the lack of lumens and all . But i have to say they ARE growing . Again these were planted and sprouted the very same day as GROUP # 1 . the difference is amazing . I have decided to try and top 2 of the 4 plants . Just to see what would happen . They both had some new growth on them and there was about a 1/4 " of space between the nodes . So i took a new , clean pair of scissors and cut the top off of 2 of them i did this last night in the evening . I watered and foliar fed . So far so good , not sure how it will go but time will tell . Here are some updated pics of this group 2 are of the topped ones and a pic of the best in group # 2 > PEACE:D

APRIL 19th 07 014.jpg

APRIL 19th 07 015.jpg

APRIL 19th 07 016.jpg

Hey man, looks like things are going good for you. Those plants look nice and healthy, and the stems seem to be beefin' up quite nicely. I sure like that grow cabinet you have, the metal one. Wish I had money for some fluorescent tubes like that, oh well maybe next time:( . Anyways, grow on man:ciao: .

Latest posts

Back