My first grow - hydro- half ruined due to mold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

alyphoto

After flowering for 5 weeks, I see mold...white cotton stuff & also grey stuff. All in the buds.
I can salvage some, but I'm so disappointed because I worked so hard & now this. I know my room had gotten too humid at times, so I frequently aired it out, used fans. Seems like when the lights are off & temp changes, I get this condensation of water all over.
I want to try again, any ideas?

Heres an idea: better exhaust.... keep the air exchanging and it should drop your humidity... do you have an air exchange currently??

:yeahthat:

if you're having condensation build up when the lights are off, that's just bad!

i'd definately work on your airflow and possibly add a dehumidifier....

be sure to sterilize your room too.... mold spores are airborn.... if you've seen even the smallest amount on a plant, the spores are already flying....

Try running your exhaust fan.if you have one, 24/7 instead of just when the lights are on, or at least a couple of hours after your lights go off. If you are using only sealed air cooled hoods that draw outside air through the lights for cooling, then you are going to have to find some way to move air through your grow area better. That will also help the plants breathe easier.

Good luck. I hate to hear of anyone loosing bud.

Good smoking.

thanks for the info. I bought a better dehumidifier today...added another fan.
I also bought & used a mold/fungus bomb.
I'm determined to beat this...& never to have this happen again.

alyphoto said:
After flowering for 5 weeks, I see mold...white cotton stuff & also grey stuff. All in the buds.
I can salvage some, but I'm so disappointed because I worked so hard & now this. I know my room had gotten too humid at times, so I frequently aired it out, used fans. Seems like when the lights are off & temp changes, I get this condensation of water all over.
I want to try again, any ideas?

Cut your garden down and throw everything out, do not consume that bud, its not worth your health. In indoor gardening the first thing to get up and running properly is the ventilation system. You will spend the most amount of money on the proper ventilation system than you will on anything else in your garden. Intake and exaust fans must be on 24/7

Latest posts

Back