My First Plant! tips,feedback all apreciated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VaNdLe

This is all totally new to me, some of the stuff i talk about may make u laugh but we all learn :p

Around 2 months/3months ago i gatherd about 8 seeds from an ounce of Hydropnic i got, Usaly don't get that around here so i decided to plant them for a joke, First i germinated all of them in just water after 3 days the shells split and i planted them in dirt outside, I Put them all in the same pot and eliminated all that popped up besides the biggest most prominent one. I fed it only water upto a few weeks ago, i also turned in some potting mix for neutriants i used Thrive plant food for 1 day and the bottom of the plant started drying up and going yellow so i stopped doing that, and just recently the white flys have been sucking the leaves dry. So i have a few questions

If they continue to destroy folaige will it ultimatly kill the plant?
what Type of plant have i grown?
Female or Male?
Can i make it bud, Or when / How long till it does roughly
Does moving a potted plant around, Cause it stress?
Is it Wise to cut/trim dead yellowish leaves/stems ?

Sorry about the picture quality but i had to use my Camera phone cant find my digital, But u can clearly see the white fly Damage,
Anyway heres a Few pics.

Image016.jpg Image017.jpg Image019.jpg Image020.jpg
Image021.jpg

1) Are you sure they are White Flies?
2) From the looks of your plant it's Indica dominant. Can't really tell ya the strain itself.
3) You can't tell male or female until it shows pre flowers or you flower it.
4) It will flower on it's own when the light cycle changes
5) No
6) No let them die and fall off on their own

Check out the link i provided. Just about everything ya need to know about growing MJ and then some. :hubba: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

thanks for the awnsers mate, yea im almost 100% sure they white flys because i think white flys sit under the leaves and suck the moister out leaving white spots on the top sides of the leaves, and another give away is when u shake the plant u can seen them fly away there about 1 mill 2mill in size.

can i flower it now i mean.. would it be weaker bud or just less of a yeild, i know kinda seems pointless but was only really an experiment

no i dont have any lights, its gonna be done outdoor :\
And Wow that link for repellent is awsome! definatly gonna try organic repellent
Do you think the plant will make it ? without neuts and all that because i dont check any neut levels or anything

They will start flowering for ya once the light cycle starts changing where you live. ;) Be sure and do some reading in the meantime. The one link i gave you will help ya out alot down the road. ;)

if you would like to continue growing, i suggest you invest in at least a 400w HPS system....that way you can flower indoors when it gets cold outside...i'm sure wherever you are , the chill is on the way.......

probibly a good idea, and i got 4months of Heat left :p Love global warming here Summers get even longer

PM summer is just starting where he lives. ;)
PUFF MONKEY said:
if you would like to continue growing, i suggest you invest in at least a 400w HPS system....that way you can flower indoors when it gets cold outside...i'm sure wherever you are , the chill is on the way.......

dont get me wrong id love nothing more to design my own grow box or room but considering its not my house to alter i have to stick with best i got outdoor :\

PM i just spotted your industrial grow room :p im jelious good work

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
PM summer is just starting where he lives. ;)
oh.......my bad....get a light anyway ..they are cool.lolololol:D

Older Leaves are dropping off and dieing turning yellow and drying up. Should i be worried ? The old leaves die , but the new growth is very lush. Any idea whats going on

11.jpg11a.jpg

its normal for the lowest leaves to wither and die.thats the normal process.just let them drop on their own.no pruning.

Looks good to me. Hope she is a female for you.

I take it you're in Australia? I wouldn't worry about bugs too much I would invest in some garlic and neem oil though because it helps with Disease and Mould a LOT and the garlic keeps snails and other nasties from chewing your leaves. If you get plenty of sun in spots in the ground and want to invest the time in making the sand into soil and don't need to worry about height issues throw them in the ground or you can just keep them in pots and grow big plants still. It's normal for lower leaves to die off.

You're doing really well for a first time don't worry man let nature take care of it.

Thanks heaps mate, Yeah spot on Aus getting alot of sun at the moment just keep noticing holes in leaves i use Pyrethrum, well ive used it once 3 days ago i dont want to spray to much. Also its been repotted in a much bigger pot ill upload some newer pics in a mintue.

Garlic and neem oil...im sure u can buy neem oil but whats with the garlic ? what do i do with it lol Eat it ?

Image002.jpgImage003.jpg

VaNdLe said:
Thanks heaps mate, Yeah spot on Aus getting alot of sun at the moment just keep noticing holes in leaves i use Pyrethrum, well ive used it once 3 days ago i dont want to spray to much. Also its been repotted in a much bigger pot ill upload some newer pics in a mintue.

Garlic and neem oil...im sure u can buy neem oil but whats with the garlic ? what do i do with it lol Eat it ?

Garlic Oil, hxxp://greenharvest.com.au/pestcontrol/general_purpose_spray_prod.html theres an example. Invest in some organic liquid ferts like Nitrosol or Fish Emulsion and Seaweed/Kelp. Neem oil is worth investing in imo just before they flower if you put it on them it'll help with any mould I put it on last year and got no mould.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back