My First Plant! tips,feedback all apreciated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been growing this thing for a good 3 months and its only 2 foot 3 inch tall :\ Does this seem a little small considering its outdoor and its been growing almost 4 months ....it has another 2 moths Vegitation to go so idk tell me im to high. :p

VANDLE you're in oz right?

Mate you are a good 3 months of it going anywhere near flower. It probably won't grow too much taller until it hits the stretch phase.

yeah im in Oz bro, I though the flower stage happens at end of Feb..start of march so ive been told by local growers

Dewayne said:
so since you're starting summer you really don't need to invest in a light or anything yet anyways.

you have a light cycle coming to provide your plant with flowering conditions right? about when is their 12 hours of light in aussie?

About never. :D Or about 3 days either side of the winter solstice.

Winter lasts for all of 3 days in my part of the world.

But fugg me it's hot, damn hot right now. 35+c most days. Hit 37c midweek. Christmas day is normally 40+ degrees. No human being should have to endure such heat.

It could be worse though, it could be cold or I could live in Melbourne.

VaNdLe said:
yeah im in Oz bro, I though the flower stage happens at end of Feb..start of march so ive been told by local growers

Depending on where you are that could be so.

Which state are you in?

South aus, yeah was 33c today thats hot enough for me...but what does the sun care :p

about February would be right then; you're in for one nice lady there.

Cheers Smokinjoe for your replies ...how do u know its a lady :| hope it is...i have another plant also about 1 month old i think its sativa type just bag seed i know its a bit late in the season but i might get something off it i added a pic suss it out.

Image002.jpg

Anytime.

Well I don't know for sure it's a lady, just passing on some good Karma.

That second plant looks wicked also. With the size of that main stem on the bigger gal you'll support a massive main cola.

It looks like the second plant is suffering a few spots also. I reckon that's probably aphids attacking that, but could be white fly.

hXXp://www.eplants.com.au/DisplayProduct.asp?ID=2505l

Order one of these and plant it in the same sized pot as your big mama and I gaurantee you will never see another aphid or whitefly again.

Lady Beetles love Crepe Myrtles, if there's a lady beetle within 20 miles they'll find it.

Thrips, White Fly, Aphid, is chow of choice for these little beauties.

I'd love to live in SA; hopefully some day soon Queensland decrimilises it's pot laws.

If you can't spring for one walk around the neighbourhood; you will probably find one and they clone pretty easily.

:O Nice info there bro, Yeah your 100% right i noticed it is getting white fly i use Pyrethrum Spray and it gets rid of them for a good 2 weeks on the big plant so its not a big infestation luckily, I haven't yet sprayed the little one waiting for a few days without rain. And yeah its sad SA is only place where 1 plant is decriminalized (i think) ...Solution get your *** down here :p

VaNdLe said:
:O Nice info there bro, Yeah your 100% right i noticed it is getting white fly i use Pyrethrum Spray and it gets rid of them for a good 2 weeks on the big plant so its not a big infestation luckily, I haven't yet sprayed the little one waiting for a few days without rain. And yeah its sad SA is only place where 1 plant is decriminalized (i think) ...Solution get your *** down here :p

I was also of the opinion that WA had decrimilised growing and Canberra had decrimilised possession (could be wrong on both counts).

But QLD only recently allowed for officers descretion on amounts less than 55grams so I won't hold my breath; it wasn't that long ago you'd do time for a joint in QLD!

smokingjoe said:
I was also of the opinion that WA had decrimilised growing and Canberra had decrimilised possession (could be wrong on both counts).

But QLD only recently allowed for officers descretion on amounts less than 55grams so I won't hold my breath; it wasn't that long ago you'd do time for a joint in QLD!

hxxp://www.abc.net.au/am/stories/s564784.htm

Wow they are a step ahead of us now

I knew people that used to traffic 50 pounds a time to QLD so things must have been tight there. And i have a friend in ACT and they pay $400 an ounce..we pay $180/$200, I just hope South australia dosent take a step back because we are right on the border of becoming criminalized after they took action banning hydroponic lights.

That's a US Gallon.

An imperial gallon is 4.54... Litres.

VaNdLe said:
hxxp://www.abc.net.au/am/stories/s564784.htm

Wow they are a step ahead of us now

I knew people that used to traffic 50 pounds a time to QLD so things must have been tight there. And i have a friend in ACT and they pay $400 an ounce..we pay $180/$200, I just hope South australia dosent take a step back because we are right on the border of becoming criminalized after they took action banning hydroponic lights.

Banning the sale of them?

I bet Industrial light fixture sales will go through the roof in SA.

Julie sure does sound like she's sampled a lot of herb!

I was lookin at my big lady today when i got home n i noticed a odd looking spider sitting on a leaf it was fairly big half a Cm and brown with big eyes lol...i dont know if its a pest or just something out the garden i tried to knock him off but he ran further in :( Oh well ill get him next time.

Image012.jpgImage011.jpg

Was speaking to a fellow grower and he suggested i pull the side arms back a bit and tie them away from the main stem, plants very compact on the inside.

Image018.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back