My little rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuy103

Praying for a female!
Reaction score
So it's been about 16 weeks since I started growing. Since then, I've grown 5 plants all at different times. Unfortunately, all 5 have turned out male. :hairpull:

Now, I don't know what the problem is here but it's really starting to annoy me and get me down. It seems like no matter what I do, I just can't get that coveted female plant.

So, I think this will be my final try. I ordered some snowryder seeds a while back and planted them 6 days ago. I have 6 plants going on and I think I have my enviromental conditions down (temps-70-75; humidity-40%; and plenty of light) All 6 plants are healthy and strong.

I just hope to GOD that at least ONE of those 6 plants will become female. I'm just really worried because out of the 5 previous plants....ALL turned out male.

ARGH!!!!!:hairpull:

Thanks for listening guys!!!

My guess will be 4 girls.

Any pics of your babies?

I went through a bad stage earlier in the year, 17 males out of 20 seedlings :shocked:

Good luck :)

ahh buddy thats a bit **** sorry to hear that! Don't worry you'll probably get all 6 females now and you won't be able to cope lol! always the way! Just try to give them as little stress as possible and let them do their thing :)

Thanks guys!!! You're word of encouragement really mean A LOT to me!!!

I can only hope i get 4 females. :)

I hope my "problem" is cyclical, so to speak. I grow 5 males...now it's the females turn...i should grow 5 females...it's only fair!!!

And yes, i'll def get some pix of my little babies in a little while. At first I was a little superstituous because everytime I started a grow journal...my plants turned out male, LOL. But i'll def post some pix up later today.

Wow, 17 males out of 20 seedlings!!! I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with terrible luck, LOL. Gives me hope that at least a couple of my snowryders will be female.

Thanks Thorn for the encouraging words of widsom. "Just try to give them as little stress as possible and let them do their thing"...that sounds so simple yet it's SO important! I check up on my plants everyday and it's def stressing ME out...lol! I should just check up on them when they need watering and just let "do their thing."

i think it was the year of the males.i too had extreme odds for awhile,of males and hermies.thats why i gave up on bagseed.

I heard using more of a blue light will promote females, correct me if im wrong.

no worries bro but yea i know its easy to look up on them everyday and feel the need to 'do' something to/for them lol but look at them as much as you want but yea jus let em grow. they will tell you when they need something. that link the hemp goddess posted is very good :)

i have ten plants right now, i started with 20, 8 were males, 2 were severely deformed and ten are females. im sure with five plants you will get at least 2 females, but you never know.

keep trying.

Get your environment under control and by that i mean...

NO LIGHT LEAKS
NO HIGH TEMPS
NO STRESS of a any type...

Temps need to be between 70-85 f

otherwise just keep trying

I've never grown a plant before but can't you tell if the seed(s) is/are female or male? I thought males were more rounded while the female seed is oval-like.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

hey 103......I planted eight, and got one female......and I try not to 'overlove' her.......she doesn't have any lights, sits in front of a window......and watches it RAIN......might be harvesting time pretty soon......

A lot of Male bashing going on.
Good luck with gettin some girls TLC always works for me. Oh yeah were talkin about plants.

killa kev. said:
I've never grown a plant before but can't you tell if the seed(s) is/are female or male? I thought males were more rounded while the female seed is oval-like.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I hear that alot too...i dont kno how the hell ppl come up wit this crap haha..

but u cant tell from the seeds.

I heard sometimes a plant might produce all male seeds. that might have been the problem here.

otherwise, i believe that stress especially during the 3rd and 4th week of a plants life will determine the sex of a plant. The more the stress, the higher the male ratio u will end up wit.

^

So you could buy a bag of seeds and they can all turn out to be male huh...

That's wack! Thanks for correcting me rami/Thorn.

Question, are males useful in any way at all? It just turns out to be a big waste of time if it turns out to be male, right?

thief said:
lol all my clones turned out to b girls ;) grinnn..

:rofl: ...I was just thinking that too...all you need is 1 Female my friend then we will clone the crap outta her okay..High Male ratio does happen but stay in the Game your sure to find that HomeRun Ladie..I believe in you..for 16 weeks..lol:) ..KEEP M GREEN:D

killa kev. said:
^

So you could buy a bag of seeds and they can all turn out to be male huh...

That's wack! Thanks for correcting me rami/Thorn.

Question, are males useful in any way at all? It just turns out to be a big waste of time if it turns out to be male, right?

Only for pollen collecting for if you want to make seeds for future grows :)

It's a roll of the dice... sometimes you get lucky and get a girl. Males are good too for storing the pollen for when you wish to start mixing different strains together on your own.

This year I was really lucky to have a single heavy duty fruity female out of 10 seeds. I cloned her like mad and I had a heavy duty harvest! Just one female all ya need....

Latest posts

Back