My NB tests

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Manny Bowles

high on my own supply
Reaction score
Just wanted to throw up some pics of my current grow. This grow I'm just trying to find what system works best for me on a strain that I have a little history with. Basically, I'm doing 2 Northernberry clones side by side, one grown in coco with General Organics, and the other in FFOF soil with FoxFarm nutrients and a few additives. Both plants vegged for 5 weeks, little LST, and have just finished their first week of 12/12.

The soil plant-
5 gallon bucket
FoxFarm Ocean Forest soil, ammended with SubCulture B/M, Dolomite Lime @ 1TBS per gal, perlite
FoxFarm 3 pack + soluables, Liquid Karma, CalMg+ according to schedule. Fed every other watering, about weekly.

The coco plant-
5 gallon bucket, set up MassProducer style with the perlite resevoir/ drilled hole in the side
Canna coco, amended with SubCulture B/M and perlite
General Organics nutrients according to schedule, fed daily.

The coco plant was way behind the soil plant while in early veg stage, partly because I was underfeeding while trying to get a feel for these GO nutrients. But the last week of veg and this first week of flower she has really come on strong. She is still about 3 inches shorter than the soil plant but the branching is much thicker and her foliage is lots more dense. The soil plant is still maintaining good growth but is a little more stretched out at this point, with thinner branches. These ladies are with a few sisters under 2 600's so we'll see how things go and i will update as I can. Here's a few pics of them and 'mom' who is just now finishing at 8 1/2 weeks :farm:
Thanks to all at MP for helping me to get this far!
DMB

pic 1- coco
pic 2- soil
pic 3- soil on the left, coco on the right
pic 4- mom
pic 5- mmm

nb test 003.JPG

nb test 010.JPG

nb test 007.JPG

NB mom.JPG

nb test 029.JPG

I think you should have posted this in the grow journals section, bushy, look healthy would like to see the outcome :D

Those might turn out to be monster plants, and the 1200 watts should help. Those look great, very impressive.

Looking good Mr.DB...yeah are you going to do a journal with them? I would like to watch these 2 go at it...lol...cat fight!

Northernberry? Northern Lights/Blueberry? if it is I have genetics from Dr.Atomic...but mine are a 75%NL/25%BB...not a 50/50 hybrid.

Keep us posted man!

Thanks guys. No journal from me this time as I was kinda just wanting to show what I've been up to. I will post up some more pics as they get bigger.

LF- here's the info on this strain from Peaks site-
Northernberry (indoor/outdoor)

F1 hybrid. Northern Lights #5 (BCSC) Female pollinated with a Blueberry(SAG) male. Potent, sticky and productive. Very popular. 60/40* indica/sativa. Eight-nine weeks flowering indoors. Medium-med/tall height.

This is the best BB cross from them in my opinion, very easy to grow and stocky stature. The mom stayed very short with 4 weeks vegging, total height is about 26", this round will be bigger, but I'm hoping to still stay under 3 feet. Mom's coming down in a day or two, I will post up what she yields. I'm hoping for 3+ :farm:

So, I just wanted to update this thread with a few loose figures. The soil vs coco ladies are still going strong, both are about 32 inches tall, and in week 7 of flowering. The coco/GO plant is slightly taller and not quite as spread out but seems more 'focused' with bigger stalks and a ton of healthy shoots happening. The FFOF/FF plant has about the same number of flowering sites, but is wider and doesn't seem as focused on continuing to grow upwards. The branching on this plant is not as sturdy, it really doesn't have alot of off-branching shoots and the foliage is not as dense, but it looks very healthy IMO.
Mama NB's harvest was bountiful! Just over 4 ounces which is a personal best for a plant in my garden. I will be keeping a few of these Northernberrys in my future grows for sure, just the right balance of yield and potency for my tastes. I've got some Bubblicious and Master Kush seedlings coming up in veg right now along side the next round of NB clones so the next round should be a good one.
I will update this with some more pics but I'm at the point where I can't really move the plants to get good comparison shots so maybe just expect some canopy shots as they progress, nothing fancy. Thanks for following along.

Thanks for the update, looking forward to seeing the pics when you get them! How are you liking the GO nutes? Have you had any problems with them at all?

Hey Doc!

Thanks for the update. Congrats on the mom harvest- nice job! How's she smoke?

Are you using the snow storm yet? See any noticeable difference?

Keep us posted.

legalize_freedom said:
Thanks for the update, looking forward to seeing the pics when you get them! How are you liking the GO nutes? Have you had any problems with them at all?
I really like them so far. I may drop back from the Bloom schedule a bit because I was noticing a few leaves curling under yesterday, but other than that things are looking great. My next grow has been started with just the GO nutes, no FF, so we'll see how it goes. So far my vegging plants in FFOF are getting 1/4 strength GO and look great. I will probably stick to 1/4 for a bit since that soil is so strong. The coco ladies will be fed daily at full strength.
Anyways, yeah I would give them a try. But then again if you are having success with what you are using now... ;)

BBFan said:
Hey Doc!

Thanks for the update. Congrats on the mom harvest- nice job! How's she smoke?

Are you using the snow storm yet? See any noticeable difference?

Keep us posted.

Thanks BB! I'm smoking some now actually :hubba: Very heavy indica stone, I would say about a 7/10 on potency. Strong but not over the top. The taste is pretty smooth but nothing special, def not any hint of berry. And it doesn't really taste like the Northern Lights I remember from way back either. Overall I'm pretty happy with it, the jump in yield and the overall stature of this strain is whats really sold me on it. I've been topping and LSTing plants up until now to try and get the shape that this strain wants to be naturally. It's like a gift :farm:
The SnowStorm I've only used on one plant as a foliar spray twice. So, no real difference so far but these plants are just beginning to really flower. It would probably be more effective as a soil drench but I've got so many feeding schedules going this time I didn't want to go that route. I'll let you know if something spectacular happens :aok:

Latest posts

Back