My New Mission Quest and an S.O.S.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorilla

Reaction score
I am a pro grower and want to see how my fellow growers are dealing with the ramifications of the Jeff Sessions issue and sharing my own special growing and harvesting techniques. When I was learning to grow 30 years ago, pure learning was my biggest thrill in growing. (Besides smoking my finished Buds!) I keep learning and applying all the latest science in growing bigger better Buds but now my new mission is learning how to streamline my harvest techniques. And along with that, I’m on a quest to find the perfect automated trimming machine!

With over 2500 plants at anyone time (and that number just keeps on growing!) production used to go smoothly because my grower gang simply switched over to hand-trimming after harvest and drying. But when the new automated bladed trimming machines came on the market I bought a pair to open up the bottleneck hand-trimming created. They weren’t cheap and for the first year, when they were running great my growers/hand-trimmers switched over to operate the machines and there was no bottleneck.

But then these expensive little******** would break down even after regular maintenance pit-stops and we were back to the bottleneck situation. I’d just buy another pair of bladed trimmer from another brand while my originals where sent back to the factory for repair to get us out of the bottleneck. But that routine was getting to be an expensive pain in the ass. After a year the new machines would break down and right on cue a new brand of bladed trimmer would jump on the market and I’d buy that pair to replace the broke-down ones.

These things were supposed to be saving me time and money but they were making me spend more! That’s why my new mission and quest in life is to find the perfect automated trimming machine that don’t breakdown after the first year. Now, I believe I’ve tried every EVERY bladed trimmer on the market and I’m still not happy with their performance...Anybody got any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I have one...... go back to hand trimming. LOL

The buds are way more sellable when hand trimmed aren't they? I have heard that machine trimmed buds a 'flat' looking. Whatever the f that means. LMAO

Plus, you are employing someone, if even for only a short time.

I am not there so it's hard for me to say. There might be a shortage of trimmers each year since it is a short term need. Might be problems hiring or paying. Might just be the pain of more people instead of machines. SO, with however many grains of salt... hand trimmers is the best suggestion I can make.:)

Good luck.

Welcome Gorilla, sounds like you either need a trimming crew or a big boy machine. Good luck/

are you sharing that link on personal experience? Have you even purchased one?

IMO....Auto trimmers are way over priced and beats the crap out of the buds. This is from MY experience with them...So yeah I wont recommend one at this time....Im all about Beer and friends with some kick backs

take care and be safe

I have tried the small auto trimmers myself and found them to be lacking. I sold my trimmer after only a few uses as I found that I didn't particularly like the way they trimmed. I think those trimmers wont be able to out do hand trimming for proper trimming. They get gummed up and have to be cleaned a lot from the resin that gets on them. I talked to a commercial grower in Cali that said he tried the auto trimmers and found that his girls that trim for him do a faster, better, and more thorough job.

Latest posts

Back