My plants need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chirp

Reaction score
First time grower... I let my seeds germinate and then i put them in a seed medium after germination.... when they sprouted I had them on 2 20 watt flourescents one cool white, one grow light. They have been up for about a week and now they look very tall and skinny and some are falling over. I moved them to my vermiculite medium. I have a 400 watt hps coming in . Any help with how long before hps lights and why my plants look weak now, any suggestions they would be appreciated. Thanks

i had about 9 but they were only about 3-5 inches tall

you had the light to far away, when you replant under the 400 bury the stem uo to an inch by the first baby leaves to help strech. look up supercopping and that will fix the problem 100 percent.

You think when I get the 400 watt hps they are ready for it? and what kind of light cycle you recomned starting

well you have to set the light far away at first, to harden them to the light- and lower it little by little and the watering sched...theres no set schedule- you have to water when they need it.

eh after a while you will be able to tell by a couple things when you pick up the pot you will notice when its dry its a whole lots lighter and also just stick your finger in the soil a bit and see how dry it is let it dry up nicely then water it again i usually water every two to three days :)

how long does it take before i can sex them and do you have any suggestions

yeah , keep temps in the growroom cool....make sure when they hit dark theres no light leaks that will help get more females. also when you want to sex them you have to chage the lighting schedule to 12/12 and they will show with in a few weeks.

A fan blowing on them will help build strong and thick stem.

Latest posts

Back