my slow grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all is good the leaves are all normal looking again since i moved the light an inch higher...

well i have 2 that are identical and the other one looks nothing like the other 2...any reason for this...2 have fat leaves and the funny one wich i stated earlier in the grow has skinny leaves that are growing "shaped"differently...and also the 2 identical ones are starting grow i beleive to be branches out the sides of the plant...very small barely noticed them...the 1st one is the funny one

plants 006.jpg

plants 007.jpg

plants 008.jpg

stop knocking your plants.

Check out mine. Ive got one that really looks funny if you want to check one out. The round ones are still on mine, they were the ones they germinated with. The small little ones you see will turn into bigger leaves that look like the ones youve got.

Your title is slow grow, theyre growing, give em a chance, stop making fun of em.

the 2 identical ones are growing good..the odd one is a bit behind still...all three are either starting to show sex or starting to grow branches cant tell yet but im thinking branches..and the leaves are pointing upwards if that means anything....but im gonna try and keep myself from lookin at them everyday....so 2-3 days from now will post new pics and see if theres a diffrence...

i wouldnt even go with 24/0 i think 18/6 all the way through for autos is better i dont kno youll be the judge but the small period of darkness lets the plant rest atleast a little know what i mean? also a lot of growth happens when they are asleep

hey middieman! i love the autos too. i would ONLY water to keep the tops of the soil moist at this time. get a GOOD ph meter too, not strips or drops. i had like 20 on one failed grow that started out like yours, i think it was the SPRING WATER i bought, the ph was like 8.0! (they all died) i got 8 seeded autos right now under 24/0 hps - and the are so short and fat! 200+ seeds so far - getting ready for outdoors! I would get more light also.

hey marcnh...what do you mean water just the top...ive been watering on one side of the pots the whole time,in fear of rotting the stem...soil takes very long to dry dam seed starting soil grr..ph meter i cant find anywheres for soil,just water...but everythiing seems to be going good,2 of them are starting to grow something from inbetween the big leaves and stem.and also on top of the plant...branches or nuts either one.should know by tonight or tomorrow mourning...man wish i had 200 seeds hopefully one of these are male and female otherwize the grow is worthless besides getting smoke, if i do that is..for my water im just using regular water from that tap but i boil it then let it sit for a day before using....worked good for one of my outdoor plants last yr....for my lights i will be adding as i go but what i have now will work till sex shows then will have 4 42 watt cfls for each plant plus a one daylight for all 3....depending on how everything turns out....and yes outdoors few more weeks cant wait.....was in woods other day scoping stuff out found very good potential if you know what i mean...also watch out ticks galore i was loaded with them...thanks for the input man much appreciated

hey marcnh...what do you mean water just the top...ive been watering on one side of the pots the whole time,in fear of rotting the stem...soil takes very long to dry dam seed starting soil grr..ph meter i cant find anywheres for soil,just water...but everythiing seems to be going good,2 of them are starting to grow something from inbetween the big leaves and stem.and also on top of the plant...branches or nuts either one.should know by tonight or tomorrow mourning...man wish i had 200 seeds hopefully one of these are male and female otherwize the grow is worthless besides getting smoke, if i do that is..for my water im just using regular water from that tap but i boil it then let it sit for a day before using....worked good for one of my outdoor plants last yr....for my lights i will be adding as i go but what i have now will work till sex shows then will have 4 42 watt cfls for each plant plus a one daylight for all 3....depending on how everything turns out....and yes outdoors few more weeks cant wait.....was in woods other day scoping stuff out found very good potential if you know what i mean...also watch out ticks galore i was loaded with them...thanks for the input man much appreciated

"ph meter i cant find anywheres for soil,just water" thats what you want, measure the ph of your water then pour it on your plants. Of course you will need the ph up and ph down to adjust properly.

By watering just the top of the soil for seedlings I mean you can pour just enough water to wet the top of the soil and still letting a little flow down, maybe 1-2 ounces each plant 1-2-3 times a day depending on how fast it dries out. You don't want the bottom of the pot to be muddy! A general rule is you can soak your plants as long as they don't stay soaked for a long period of time. Lift up your pots to determine how much water they have. You can check out this mp3, this is what I used for nutes - it's from the dopefiend.co.uk website under The Grow Report #47. He also claims to get more females by have very good results using a high RATIO of N to P and K, blue lights, and low temps 70-75.
I do know what you mean about scoping the woods out. This year I will hike out a couple miles, no more growing in an easy to get to spot! Watch your night time temps, my autos stunted with anything below 55-60 degrees, but thats probably normal for most strains.
Seems like they really are growing faster than when you started!
Keep in touch ;)

ic well i dont know if mine are still considerd seedlings anymore since they veg for a week or 2,but i may be wrong.i waterd them a little bit today like 4 shot glasses of water..each.and i turned my fan off as when its on slow it seems to be drieing the plant itself but i dont exactly know plus with the fan on its kinda cool near the plants..but i will see how things are when i wake up later tonight..before work..there is still airflow though so they can get air..

They are still in the seedling stage. Autos don't have a veg stage. What nutes are you using?
Remember your roots need air as much as water. If it's too wet in your pot, the roots won't grow. Have you lifted your pots up to get an idea of how much water is in there? If it's too cool, why not add some light? I'm growing my autos now 24/0 with hps in a shed and it's like 10-30f at night here.

1st pic is the slacker going good but not as good as other 2 ..the other 2 doubled in size over night bushier not in height...and my turtles haha...and they are starting smell when im up close to them,.

plants 010.jpg

plants 009.jpg

plants 011.jpg

plants 012.jpg

marcnh,i cant lift my pots up as the clamp lights are connected to them..but i put my pinkie finger in the dirt and its moist all the way threw not soaking wet just moist...wont be watering untill friday-saturday..the nutes well i added bone meal before i planted at the very bottom of pot "i added soil then added bone meal then soil and mixed it up then added rest of soil...2 weeks into the grow i used shultz 10-15-10 7 drops to a quart of water...filled my spray bottle up and misted the soil twice,over 3 days...it was very diluted....and the soil is only cool to the touch at first then feels normal...it doesnt get cold in my room at all temps stay at 60's and the plants with lights on id say 70-75ish...plus the fan blowing...and i also poke holes in the soil with a pencil...a few inches away from the stem basically on the side of the pots......and i have holes through out the entire pots...im going to buying 2 more clamp lights.as soon as i figure out if i have a female..i hope i do?but i read that the autos have a high male to female ratio...if i knew that i would of bought female seeds and regulars...but oh well still have 4 more seeds left but was really hoping to get at least one male one female but time will tell...im on day 16 so far and no sex yet maybe they are all ladies...

ok man. glad to see they are growing! The next thing to work on - besides the lights as you mentioned - is good reflective material. lol I went to walfart the other day and they were out of those silver emergency blankets you find in the camping section, and they were also out of timers! hmm what does that tell ya?

yeah the wal-mart by me is sold out in everything i can of for using for growing hmmm i wonder.....but things are good hopefully tomorrow mourning i can see more growth....they look like females to me so far.the 2 bigger ones.should know by beginning of this week coming up..anxious haha well will update sunday or monday.thanks for the advice seems like you are the only one following this so thanks!!

my blueryders showed sex with in 20 days. they seemed to be growing slow at the begining but now that they are flowering they are growing fast! since my few years of growing experiance i've noticed the my biggest mistakes were not checking for correct ph and cal-mag. i'll put up more pics tonight i'll be checking up

well mine are starting show on 2 of them and they are looking manly hopefully the slow one is a female

1st one is starting to show sex looks to be male so far wont be sure for a few more days..the other 2 still no signs yet they seem to be a week apart from eachother...

plants 013.jpg

plants 014.jpg

plants 015.jpg

Nice grow so far. I'm also growing Auto Ak 47 x Auto BB. Its only been a week and I was getting a little nervous like yourself until I saw your later pics. I hope mine picks up like yours. Good work.

hey hydro!! yeah they start off slow depending on your lights.hps or mh would grow faster in my opinion,but cfls work also just a bit slower,good luck with your grow

Latest posts

Back