My Thai girl...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtyolsouth

Zen Trichome Labs
Reaction score
Happy Holidays fellow MPers!:ciao:

Zipflipper! This one's for YOU! I've been getting excited about a plant I've got growing and she's finally starting to s-l-o-w-l-y turn the corner and looking more like the real deal every day. I bought some amazingly potent Mex Brown Schwag last spring before my grow room was yielding. It was the last sack I spent money on since too...;) But this weed had a Thai taste, very similar to loose Cali grown Thai bud I had access to for many years in the late 70's and early 80's and then it was gone... poof! Thanks Ronald Reagan!:rant:

Anyhoo... This scwag wasn't very seedy at all, it was very rich with a sweet pungent Thai spicy taste and when I looked at it the buds were covered in amber trichs. I thought this must have been some amazing bud and still was despite being abused at harvest, having no proper cure and then subjected to compression for storage and export. I poked away about 20 or so of those beans and this fall I popped 4 of them off, getting only one female. Even though she came from bagseed, one thing I feel she has going for her is the fact that the plant the seeds came off of was more than likely grown outdoors in Mexico and was naturally pollenated by hopefully a male plant. But I'm watching like a hawk for nanners... :hubba:

Here are some pic's of my "Thai" bagseed plant. There are some early pics starting about a 2 and a half to 3 weeks into 12/12 and the more recent pic's are from a few days ago. She's at about week 8 of 12/12. I'm guessing she'll maybe have something finished up around New Year's or so... Only time will tell! She's been a bit of a challenge to figure out. She's in a 3 gal pot with a mixture of Subcool Supersoil cut 50% in the bottom of the pot with a 75/25 mix of FFOF and Light Warrior. She seems to like frequent feeding but very light. She's been growing under my 1K HPS although I put her under my T5 to take a few pic's...

I'll update with some more pics as she gets closer to harvest...

Happy Growing!:cool:

Here are pics from about a few weeks into 12/12 or so

ThaiGirl_1.jpg

ThaiGirl_2.jpg

ThaiGirl_3.jpg

ThaiGirl_4.jpg

no pics buddy

very sativa does she smell spicy? the buds look better than I would have thought for shwagg.

Hi 2dog!

Yup... very spicy... 'Classic' Thai! In the past I've had bagseed grows and although weed has never disappointed me it never turned out how the original dank was that it came out of or it came it very different than I imagined. Over the years I've had a good half dozen very stable bagseed strains that I grew for years without any hermies so you never know... And you never know what genetics are locked up inside of a bagseed. The mystery is half the fun! What's so unique to me about this bagseed plant is she is very Thai/Sativa looking, smelling, etc and so was the bud she came from... 2010 is looking better all the time!;)

WOW man....that is nice and tric covered already...and you still have a long way to go...I will definately be interested in seeing the final outcome! I love sativa's the way they look, the way they smell, and smoke...I just hate the way they grow...lol...she is beautiful!

Very nice and very Sativa....can't wait to see this one finish up...

Thanx Hammy & LF! :) I appreciate you stopping by and checking her out...

Oh ****, its the Thai stick! Looking good man, Sativa for the win.

:aok: roght on dirty !!!
thanks man.
Zipflipper! This one's for YOU! I've been getting excited about a plant I've got growing and she's finally starting to s-l-o-w-l-y turn the corner and looking more like the real deal every day. I bought some amazingly potent Mex Brown Schwag last spring before my grow room was yielding. It was the last sack I spent money on since too... But this weed had a Thai taste, very similar to loose Cali grown Thai bud
thai taste :huh:
wat is this particular taste (thai) taste like dos? always herd the expression "thai taste" just have no idea wat thai tastes like LOL>
the sat dom i got also from one my very last bags of shwag i bought has a very lemony piney type smell more this go round. last flowering she almost had like this cat pee smell and pine trees LOL>

one thing I feel she has going for her is the fact that the plant the seeds came off of was more than likely grown outdoors in Mexico and was naturally pollenated by hopefully a male plant. But I'm watching like a hawk for nanners...
i too figured just the same with mine as well.
i just cant see hermie trait being as common among outdoor grows as it is wit indoor either. and even if mine was pollinated form hermie ollen she still aint turned herm on me and im on round two flower wit mine.
so are you plannin on revveggin her Dirty?
im a keep reveggin my sat frog as many tiems as i can i think.
or did ya get some clones off her erly on at all?
She's been a bit of a challenge to figure out.
goin from growin indi's inside all year then to try and take on a sat dom is a lil :hairpull: for me too man.

wow dirty that very first pic looks just absolutely wild man. :hubba:
In the past I've had bagseed grows and although weed has never disappointed me it never turned out how the original dank was that it came out of or it came it very different than I imagined. Over the years I've had a good half dozen very stable bagseed strains that I grew for years without any hermies so you never know... And you never know what genetics are locked up inside of a bagseed. The mystery is half the fun! What's so unique to me about this bagseed plant is she is very Thai/Sativa looking, smelling, etc and so was the bud she came from... 2010 is looking better all the time!
AMEN !!!!! LOL :aok:
man, i cant even begin to describe in words wat i feel when i see a sat dom in full bloom and just a wild mess like that dirty. for real man. sat's are where its at for me , the buzz, the look, etc... im speechless man.
i just got get off my duff and quit bein so intimidated by sat's is all.
but my froggs helpin me get my fet wet for sure.

that things wild dirty :aok:
thanks a bunch for sharrin the pix . :48:

cant wait to see her finished up for sure.

Thanx alot Zip and Tact~!

Zip... It's so hard to describe what a Thai taste is other than to say it's spicy sweet all at once. No other strain tastes quite like a Thai and your sativa may have a bit of that twang to her too... :hubba: I dont think I'll re-veg her. I already have a clone 'mother' to keep the strain growing and I have a few other sativas on my horizons as well: TGA Vortex, DNA Chocolope, GH Super Silver Haze & Super Lemon Haze & I also have a single DNA Lemon Skunk I'll probably run with the SSH and SLH together... I plan on doing a long sativa grow from Feb til may.

Peace!:cool:

I plan on doing a long sativa grow from Feb til may.
I'll definately be watchin for it :aok:
but idk if i'd say she has a spicy flavr to her (my frog) the samples i clipped were sweet and lemony/piney. pretty much of that like pinesol. LOL

Mucho bonita bud sites me amigo!

Hey DOS! How long you think you'll have to flower her?

Looking good so far- hope you get all the phenos you're hoping for!

Looks like weed from Guerrero state. You've got some Acapulco Gold there, DOS, I think!

leafminer said:
Looks like weed from Guerrero state. You've got some Acapulco Gold there, DOS, I think!

Nice... I remember smoking plenty of Acapulco Gold and Columbian Gold when I was a teen.

Well here she is... WHATEVER she is... Harvest ready at almost 12 weeks. They're not the greatest pics but I just got back to town after being gone for the holidays for a week and I had lots to do last night so no time for a big production of a photo shoot but wow did she ever finish up nice. She was about 15% amber when I left town and when I got back she was 40-50%+ amber and ready for the taking. I picked a bud about 10 days ago and smoked it when I got home last night. KILLER buzz and nice flavor despite no cure. I think I'll get a good 4+ oz out of this plant in a 3 gal pot...:hubba:

Peace!:cool:

ThaiHarvest_2.jpg

ThaiHarvest_3.jpg

ThaiHarvest_5.jpg

ThaiHarvest_6.jpg

ThaiHarvest_7.jpg

ThaiHarvest_8.jpg

ThaiHarvest_9.jpg

ThaiHarvest_10.jpg

ThaiHarvest_4.jpg

Oh wow - I love the color in that last shot.
Congrats DOS.
Good Smoking.:p
hehehehe
OHC

Good harvest! Looks typical; a bit airy - that's normal with A.G. and my Oaxaca tends to that as well. Congratulations for producing so much from a 3 gallon pot. :hubba:

Latest posts

Back