Mycorrhizal Inoculum....who uses it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonedwoodsman

Yes I Cannabis
Reaction score
High Group,

I've been reading about the Pro Mix BX, and specifically about 'Mycorrhizal Inoculum' fungi/bacteria.

I checked out all the information on the Pro Mix, and the Mycorrhizal's 'good bugs'.
I can probably get by without getting the Pro Mix, but could benefit from the Mycorrhizal Inoculum.

My question to you is....who uses it on our site? (Um, in your Garden I mean)?

Do you like it, and how are your results?

I used this 20 yrs ago, at my late folks' home-garden on snow pea seeds, to 'fix' nitrogen, and help the roots.

Ahh, Long Ago & Far Away....

Thankx for your input here!

StonedWoodsman :icon_smile:

Hi-

So, how do you like it?
How are your results useing it?

Thankx,

stonedwoodsman

I think it is essential in an organic grow. I think my results are better then if i don't use it, but I have not done a side by side experiment. I have used it all the time for years. It is a wonderful amendment. Do it.

i agree . it works great... But... But if you use synthetic nuets its pointless as the salts from the synthetic fertilizers will kill the mico's...

Hi again,

Can this be bought at any good Garden Center, Nursery etc?
Do you use the powder,granular type or liquid/soluble type?

What's a good size of this stuff, for a "large garden"?

Yes, I've gotta get some!

Thankx!

Mine are granular and I mix them in at the roots at transplant or after they are no longer seedlings. I use a Tablespoon or so.. I don't measure. A one pound bag will last me many months. Grow shops have them, the brand I have right now is Extreme Gardening, is the brand name and this product is called: Mykos Pure mycorrhizal inoculant. Maybe amazon, i don't know.

Hi,

Thanks, that sounds cool!

I'll be checking my local gardening centers tomorrow!

Enjoy!

it gets a little complicated when talking about microbes.

there are many different kinds and all serve a purpose. what you want is a diverse micro herd that is balanced but still bacterial dominated. the reason brands like mykos exist, which is a fungi only product, is b/c mycorrhizae fungi take part in a special symbiotic relationship within the rhizosphere. these fungi cannot survive without a root system present. while many other bacteria, fungi, protozoa, and nematodes can survive.

ShOrTbUs said:
it gets a little complicated when talking about microbes.

there are many different kinds and all serve a purpose. what you want is a diverse micro herd that is balanced but still bacterial dominated. the reason brands like mykos exist, which is a fungi only product, is b/c mycorrhizae fungi take part in a special symbiotic relationship within the rhizosphere. these fungi cannot survive without a root system present. while many other bacteria, fungi, protozoa, and nematodes can survive.

Ok, Bacteria...is there another 'additive' to get, and add to my soil mix, which would supply bacteria?

Gee, all I want to do is grow some good weed, I didn't think that I'd have to take a college course on Microbiology, Chemistry, Genetics, but that's ok.
I like to read and I like to LEARN new things.

So, tell me about the 'bugs' that I'll need!

(I'm starting to get a headache now...) :cool:

'Learnin' new stuff everyday.

2 cup earth worm castings
1 cup humus
1 tbls molasses
Add to 1 gallon of non chlorinated water
drop a 10$ air stone in and in 18-24 hours you will have all the fungus and microbes you could want... I use it once every 2 weeks in veg and every week in flower.....You can use this simple recipe or add to it..
just make sure you dilute it by at least a third.. good luck

one very wise man on this site always said you feed the plant not the soil---happy soil makes for happy plants---that's my take

My Brain hurts..
but I'll try that 'microbe-soup' recipe.
'Sounds good!

Thankx!

stonedwoodsman

orangesunshine said:
one very wise man on this site always said you feed the plant not the soil---happy soil makes for happy plants---that's my take

feed the soil not the plant :stoned:

thats been an old farmers addage for nigh on a hundreds years now. Nobody on this site originated it...lol...just repeated it...

Latest posts

Back