'MySpace' growers serving time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Felony convictions, probation, and spending 60 days in Mendocino County Jail was probably not part of their plans when four men met on MySpace and decided to move to Mendocino County to grow marijuana. Had they not called PG&E to help them bypass their electrical meter it is likely their "get rich quick" plans would have worked out.

Agents from the Mendocino Major Crimes Task Force arrested three men and a fourth escaped in May from the 46000 block of Foxrock Road grow in Laytonville. PG&E contacted the Mendocino County sheriff's office when a technician became suspicious that a meter bypass was being installed by residents, according to police reports. PG&E had been asked to turn power off to the residence to allow the homeowner to do some electrical work.

Agents got a search warrant for the grow house and arrested Michael Anthony Wade, 19, of Stockton, Travis James Wood, 21, of Garberville; and Christopher Scott Bartman , 23, of Benicia, on suspicion of cultivation and possession of marijuana for sale, bypassing a utility meter to steal electricity and possession of a firearm in the commission of a crime. Police are still looking for a fourth man, Marcus Deral McKinney, 35, of Benicia, suspected of taking part in the enterprise. An arrest warrant was issued for McKinney, a parolee, who escaped on foot when the search warrant was served.

The trio pleaded guilty to a felony conspiracy charge and were sentenced by Superior Court Judge Leonard LaCasse. The original charges were dropped as part of a plea deal with the Mendocino County District Attorney's office.

At the residence agents found about 4,000 marijuana clones, 25 pounds of processed bud marijuana, a hashish manufacturing operation and a loaded 9mm handgun. From evidence at the location agents estimated the operation had been going on for at least two years. The PG&E bills were about $3,000 per month.

"The individuals met on the social networking site MySpace," says Deputy District Attorney Brian Newman. "After several virtual meetings they traveled to Mendocino County to get started in the trade of harvesting and processing marijuana."

McKinney is still at large.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/y9eehrz

How dumb is that?!?!?!?
Like calling the cops saying your gonna be out of town can you watch my grow for me? honest man there just maters :p

What Planet do you live on when going to Medocino County to grow a bunch of cannabis sounds like a good idea?

try a couple first

:)

I often see members "here", posting their Myspace or facebook pages as their "Home page".
I try to catch the majority, and tell them how DUMB that truely is....

I agree Hick

I even choose a differant screen name than I use on other chat forums. And I never put up a web space in my profiles on any board. same with AIM screen names etc...

If they had any `brains!` they would have gone to an Idaho potato farm and gotten good results.

If you really don't know Mendocino County, you have no business being there. And I have no business there.
Wake up.

:shocked:

19, 21 and 23... got caught.
35 got away... (veteran of crime)
young ones rat dude out to get reduced sentence...
another lame sitcom.. dumb, dumber, dumbest & douche!

why don't they get smart and buy a 3 phase rotary phase converter it uses very little power and creates 3 phase 240 volts more then enough to run a farm the bigger the rotary phase converter to more power it will produce. if a electric motor is not a motor it is a generator they are not to expensive a 3 hp will run several 1000 watt lights just feed single phase 240 into it and get 3 phase 240 out of it it's the best investment a grower can buy . use any 2 of the 3 wires coming out for 240 volt and use the other one for 120 volt the bigger the phase converter the more you can run I use one on my milling machine and run the rest of my small shop on the left over here is a link for anyone interested use less juice to run this and make more then you need just change the xx to tt
hxxp://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=297-3803&PMPXNO=953791&PARTPG=INLMK3

I have a friend that was over at my house and found my Grow pix I have on my computer on another drive and took one pix and put on his Myspace page and I didn't know it till I went through my wife Myspace and seen it and had him take it off.
He is a Stupid Ahole, because he is in the service and have this kind of crap on his page..
Arms Force can back track and find that it come from my house if they want to push the issue...

My wife get worried when I post pix or stuff on this site because the law can find yea one way or another if they want........:holysheep: I better post more of my pix because I Am A Legal MMJ Patients that the Feds had BACKED OFF ON. ;):D

Latest posts

Back