N3wb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Medicinal Drew

Reaction score
Just signed up! I have an idea and need some feedback. I'm going to get a pretty good sized cardboard box and put one fan at the bottom the other at the top, line the insides with that white reflective stuff and put a small 400 watt light in there. This'll be my first time trying to grow and I'm only going to put one plant in there and have it grow on its side possibly.

Let me re-phrase that. One fan will be on the side near or pretty much on the bottom and the other will be on the opposing side but near or at the top.

:ciao::welcome: To the Only Place :ciao::bolt::bong:

maybe if you get a big enough box you could stand it up cut an acces door on the side and use is as a grow tent my space is 3'x3' and i got four plants in there. or you could use a closet not in use welcome to the marijuana passion fourm

Welcome to MP....Art Vandolay grows in cardboard boxes.
Art if you are out there, take of the tin foil hat and chime in. :)

Hey there MD.

PC is right on bro !;)
Art and the Broke"n"toke club !;)
We all start somewhere !;)

And end up somewhere else .
Hell i even got married :cool:.... 3 Times ! :hitchair:

You have to be careful with a cardboard box and a 400W HPS. Tents are not that much, are a lot safer, have vent holes built in, are already reflective inside, are light-proof, and are relatively easy to assemble and take down. I would use only an exhaust fan (a good one) and have a passive inlet. You need a small oscillating fan to move the air around inside your space.

I recently ordered a 32" x 32" x 60" tent to put next to my flowering closet (going to use one to heat the other during lights out). It was a less expensive one, but had the vent configuration that I needed. I'll let you know how I like it. I never ever even considered a cardboard box as I consider it dangerous to mix a material so combustible with a high power really hot light. I may build a permanent closet in the spring out of wood. I only plant on using this in the winter when it is cold. In the summer it could actually be a closet :p .

I don't believe that you can't actually make a plant grow on its side....do you mean that you are going to lst it?

Welcome Drew,
I'd shy away from cardboard too.Good luck and be careful-excuse me-I'm going to go pray now-lol

:48:

ODF

Latest posts

Back