Natural Cannabis Insecticide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha! That's on me. I read that thing like three times and still didn't register the 'simmering' instruction. Well, risk it if ya wanna!:D Let us know if it come out...

Ozzie, Actually I don't use that just now, I bought some concentrate for fruits and veggies at the store this time!>D

NVthis, I hear ya, and if one uses cigarette tobac what might the hundreds of other chemicals the companies add, do to the plants!>O

purplephazes sorry about not answering but 3 strong cigs is dried tabacco. Camels,Pall Malls, Lucky Strikes,etc I have never used Rub or chewing tobacco but I quess it would work. You are just after the nicitine in the tobacco IMO

:ciao: ozzie...thanks for another weapon i can add to my arsonal:aok: those pesky little mites do get ammuned..I have a few questions please...

1. how long does this solution last?

2. when you say wash off every three days..does this meen just spray with water?

thanks

take care and be safe..:bolt::bong:

ozzydiodude said:
purplephazes sorry about not answering but 3 strong cigs is dried tabacco. Camels,Pall Malls, Lucky Strikes,etc I have never used Rub or chewing tobacco but I quess it would work. You are just after the nicitine in the tobacco IMO

what about a nicotine patch:rofl: just playing...Now i need to go find someone i can Bumb a few smokes from:giggle: they are to much $$$ 4me:p ..and dont they have nicotine gum..:spit:

Sorry ozzie...Im High as Hell...and my Ring tone is " FlyN High again" :lama:

Hey 4u The solution keep in the refrig for three month that I can confirm. Yes just spray with plain water to rinse off the residue the solution leaves. Be sure to turn fans back on after spraying or you might get a few brown spots on sunleaves. I have Not needed to treat a flowering plant yet, And HLH I never do. Thank for

I found my recipe for garlic insecticide, I left a few things out of first post;

Naturalhi's Jungle Juice recipe;>P

1 qt. jar full of water
4-5 T powdered Garlic
let stand for in sun all day! Then sit in the frige till needed=>)

Strain 1/4 c of the tea through a coffee filter into a spray bottle.

Finish filling sprayer with water.

Add several drops of scented dish soap (unless you like garlic smelling plants).

Shake, spray at a fly if it starts flying or crawling all wonky you got the formula right.>)

When I get invaded, I lay some cover fire as i cross the border into the invaded area to liberate the hostages!>D

Then I use a flanking maneuver up under the leaves, which catches them by surprise every time => O

After that, I spray every couple or 3 days to get the hatchlings, this usually takes care of the prob for a while, till I forget to quarantine a clone brought in from outside the system /.>\

Hey naturalhi is The T in"4-5 t powered Garlic" fot Teaspoon or Tablespoon? Thanks for taking the time to look up your receipe. WE need more weapons of bug destruction and less of human destruction.

ozzydiodude said:
I started using in mid 80's outside have had no problem outside. i spray the plant along with a 10' circle around the plants. once a month it seen to repail deer also but I can not confirm this.

Inside you must leave fans running it evaparate the solution or it will cause brown spots(tabacco I think)

I'm no deer but this would repell me....:eek:

Oz;

T is for Tablespoon; t is for teaspoon. I'm not a rocket scientist and I don't ever use exacting parameters, if one doesn't want to make a concentrate to save for afters.....that's OK too. The little wicker baskets, or little devices that look like a pair of scissors with two teaspoons w/multiple holes in them cupped together like the old folks used to use to make tea before those cute little bags we all use these days can still be found in specialty stores, or just spoon a teaspoon or two into a square of folded cheese clothe gather up the corners and tie with string and pop into a pint jar fill with hot water let it steep and cool then into a spray bottle. Voila! works well in my grow rooms=>)

But then so does Spectracide's Garden Insect killer concentrate which I'm using at present. 'cause it says we might harvest the same day as use without adverse effects.......but on the back label it says May be harmful if inhaled, swallowed, or absorbed through skin????? so as I say "It just doesn't matter...and what if it did!"

Anyhow! Bugs are bad but easy to be rid of if one will keep at them 'till we don't see anymore evidence of them either in the air or on the leaves bottom as well as top!>)

i whipped up a concoction similar myself for my outdoor grow last year
except mine was only tad of dish soap some crushed red pepper. some chili powder some garlic cloves minced and some the orange peals. i don know if it was bad to do it but i steeped it in kettle a couple hours and let it cool strained it and popped it in spray bottle. and it didnt hurt my plants any. i did have all males but like 6 or 7 outta over 20 tho so who knows. maybe that was why too lol idk?

ok, I hear everybody remedies and concoctions, potions and beetle juice, lol!! But what about just using some damm LADYBUGS??? and yes, a lil neem oil or einstien oil, safer soap, and pyrthine<spelled wrong<, fogger, but yall know what i'm talking about...wont hurt either...RIGHT??!!

Upto; Yes those all work, but, naturallyhi speaking they're not found in our pantries. To me natural insecticide is something that, if I ingested it, wouldn't be toxic to me or any other warm blooded animal like humans!>D

More fat on the fire, BUT why not use ladybugs to control the pests since they eat virtually anything with a soft body or larva?

Also, I have heard of no downsides to using Neem Oil in H2o for a pesticide other than it won’t store after it is mixed up. It is my understanding that neem is consumed for food in some parts of the world and the insect repelling characteristics were developed by GOD or NATURE, depending upon your particular belief system, over a long time and I will guarantee that I have more faith in THEM than in any grower.

As to the effect of boiling, much less simmering, the tobacco tea on the nicotine, think about the fact that burning tobacco is a lot hotter than boiling water and the nicotine doesn’t break down when someone is smoking it.

I would suggest researching it to be sure, but it seems like 200+ degrees in water for any length of time is very likely to destroy almost any plant born virus because plant viruses have no need to develop the ability to withstand that kind of heat.

Another reason for the soap is that breaking the water surface tension and dissolving oils lets the water drown most air breathing insects.

Also, does anyone know what ED recommends today? Maybe he would have a different recommendation to day. Also, just because you publish a lot does NOT necessarily mean you are either knowledgeable or telling the truth about the subject. No I am NOT accusing Ed of either, just saying finding someone to publish ** doesn’t make it any less **. Likewise, truth and knowledge are NOT dependent upon the author having published even one article, much less a lot of them and/or books.

KEEP CRITCALLY THINKING ABOUT EVERY THING YOU SEE, READ AND/OR HEAR! Remember, even Ed and Jorge at one time were no more informed that the first time grower of today. Yes, I very much appreciate the learning and sharing of their knowledge of those that went before, BUT THERE WILL NEVER COME THE DAY THAT ANYONE OF US CAN NOT DISCOVER SOMETHING NEW THAT SETS THE OLD KNOWLEDGE ON ITS HEAD.

PS: When I use upper case letters it is to draw attention to the content, NOT to be shouting or rude.

Don Jones

The only problem with ladybugs is They are not going to get rid of bugs. they eat only what they need to live. If you have a bug infection ladybugs will never bring them under control. You have to use several different treatments. If not the bug that servive will be more resisant t the next time. By using this spray NCI, ISO/water, neems oil and others you will give your plants the best change of growing bug free. That is the reason I posted this another weapon for use in the war on bugs.

i am glad i read this thread.
beforehand i really didn't think putting tobacco on your girlies was a good idea.
i had heard about a disease that comes from using tobacco.
but after reading here, and mulling it over, i must say tobacco cant be good for your plants, no matter who or what is said about it.
show me one instance where tobacco was beneficial to a human. just one. and i mean physiologically, not sociologically.
if i dont want it in me, im not gonna put it on me girlies! :)
just my 1 1/2 cents worth.

edit: need to qualify this, i am not opposed to tobacco per say as much as i am to cigarettes.
the **** that they put in them things... we all know it aint right!

i havent tried this but my problem is ants. would a circle of fly catchers on the ground work or does this just get covered by dirt?

if i dont want it in me, im not gonna put it on me girlies! :)

:yeahthat: makes sense to me lol

Latest posts

Back