Need A Diagnosis from hydro experts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olives1

Reaction score
These lady have been doing fine they were started from seed about 2 1/2 months old was trying to grow them out for clone material taking a bit of a while to get like over 40 clones per plant but now some problem is erupting they are in a 5gallon rubbermaid tote with 2 airstones rez emptied weekly and nutes changed i only use hesi grow at half dosage of 10ml per gallon always feed only for about 4 gallons instead of 5 and only thing i do every few weeks is foliar feed with a b-1 red thrivealive every 3 weeks when i change i run flora kleen for 1 hour then dump and refill with nutes ppm stays about 300 ph about 5.7 i have dumped all water out and added new fresh water and only feed 9ml of b-1 thrive alive red for a weak solution ppm is at 150 and i keep them under a 400watt mh about 18 inches away now not sure if this will save them let me know thanks pictures included

DSC01165.JPG

DSC01166.JPG

DSC01167.JPG

DSC01168.JPG

DSC01169.JPG

DSC01170.JPG

any one have any thoughts on this whats everyone on mp sleeping LOL

Your plants look starving. It looks as though you have a few micro nutrient deficiencies happening here. It looks like sulfer, magnesium, iron and zinc may be deficient. Does your Hesi grow contain a full compliment of micro nutrients?

massproducer said:
Your plants look starving. It looks as though you have a few micro nutrient deficiencies happening here. It looks like sulfer, magnesium, iron and zinc may be deficient. Does your Hesi grow contain a full compliment of micro nutrients?
Hydro Growth contains: Nitrogen Phosporous Potassium Magnesium Calcium Sulphate Iron Manganese Zinc Copper Boron Molybdenum Cobalt Trace Elements: Iodine, B1, B2, B3, B12, Plant Sugars and Amino Acids

is hydro growth a supplement or a part of the hesi base system?

massproducer said:
is hydro growth a supplement or a part of the hesi base system?
part of the hesi base veg is growth and flower is hesi bloom thats all they sell just a 2 part so i only have to use the growth since there not going to flowering

Yeah, they look starving. Feed them babys moor than you are. go to like 1.5ec

have ya switch to guano mixed with water? that will express the difference yeah smell stinky but thats what they needs I havent tried fox food thing I do it natural.... hope that helps

ya can use guano pests 3 tablespoon to the water flow see how it go or test it with one plant only with guano and water, if it works, safe than sorry, but I have success with guanos no fails let me know if that helps

Timmyjg6 said:
Yeah, they look starving. Feed them babys moor than you are. go to like 1.5ec
your saying go like 750 ppm?? i dont want to kill them

papabeach1 said:
have ya switch to guano mixed with water? that will express the difference yeah smell stinky but thats what they needs I havent tried fox food thing I do it natural.... hope that helps

ya can use guano pests 3 tablespoon to the water flow see how it go or test it with one plant only with guano and water, if it works, safe than sorry, but I have success with guanos no fails let me know if that helps
whats guano hesi doesnt make nothing with that name

Olive looks like a macro nute defficiency i would say dump the nutes your using and go get yourself some simple 3 part like general hydro or Advanced nutes, pH it to 5.8 and add a half a tablespoon per gallon of epsom salt with that recipe its a for sure they will make a recovery

El Hefe said:
Olive looks like a macro nute defficiency i would say dump the nutes your using and go get yourself some simple 3 part like general hydro or Advanced nutes, pH it to 5.8 and add a half a tablespoon per gallon of epsom salt with that recipe its a for sure they will make a recovery
I have dumped all nutes ppm is at 310ppm i have the 3 part of gh also what should i feed at???? it hasnt got worse since i dumped the nutes just need massive shoot growth whats the best way to achieve this???? will they make alot of shoots in a 5 gallon dwc rubbermaid tote???

Man you were way underfeeding your plants. I just went and checked the hesi site and downloaded their instructions and you should be adding like 95 mL for 5 gallons. The best advice I can give you is to follow the manufacturer's instructions.

Tater said:
Man you were way underfeeding your plants. I just went and checked the hesi site and downloaded their instructions and you should be adding like 95 mL for 5 gallons. The best advice I can give you is to follow the manufacturer's instructions.
Hmm dont know were you heard that from hesi the hesi grow says 20ml per gallon (the 50ml is for 2 1/2 gallons of water they have a chart that comes with it for american use per gallon of water i onlly use 10ml per gallon when you get the feeding book the break it down into gallons instead of 10liters per water

:ciao: :48: :fly: :watchplant: if it's not a lack of nutes,what kinda ph meter are you using? Have you checked that? if its a handheld meter,maybe your probe needs cleaned or your meter needs calibrated.other than that..im really not sure.i dont know if you have a nute lockup goin on or...dang bro,you got me on this one..update us once you find out what it is,I'm interested.
:ciao: PeacE :ciao:

dude you need to use about 400ppm with seedlings or when starting from seed.... when your plants are about a week or 2 old your ppm needs to be from 600 to 800

i usualy go like this... mother stays on 800ppm
clones, as soon as they root, go into rockwool in 800ppm
pop from seed goes into 400ppm for 2 weeks then 800ppm

if your under 800ppm your way 2 low and they are starving

Wait a minute I just had an idea. Has your plant gone through a large PH swing lately? Like did the ph get way out of range and you quickly corrected instead of doing it slowly over the course of a few days? This could have caused a lock up.

Calcium and Magnesium are also a must when dealing with a sick plant. I thought I was going to lose all of my bubblicious. I flushed them with proper ph water and started over on the nutes slowly building the plant back up.

Latest posts

Back