need advice on blocking fan light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TruTHC

Reaction score
my grow box is 2x2x4'tall and its in the attic. i have two 8inch duct fan, the blade are clear btw, the exhaust will be on the ceiling of my box and intake in the center on the door (i meant to put it on one of the sides but i wasnt thinking when i glued the other side on to the box, so now my only choice is the door) i been trying to think of stuff to cover but anything i use to cover will block the air flow. here are the pic of my fan, im still building the box, waiting for glue to dry in 30degree F. please help me out, any advice is appreciated.

duct fan1.JPG

duct fan.JPG

Tru, you need to get different fans. You need an inline fan like this. http://www.n-g-w.com/detail.php?id=04_FANS&prod=609. I bought the six incher. The fan attaches outside your box and you can use duct to attach it to the opening. Then you only need a passive intake for you opening down at the bottom of the box. You can use PVC pipe to put a few bends in it and the light problem is solved. I hope this is helpful.

try to put like an L shape pipe the elbo 90 degrees an you will se the diference

thanks theyorker and brouli, i've spend much more than i thought i would spend. so im gomma try the elbow method for now and let see how it work. that fan look really nice to have tho. thanks for the help guys

a li'l black spray paint inside the elbow to retard any reflectivity helps...

i got the L shape (well kinda) and painted the inside black, my duct fan is 8inch and i cant find the L shape that is 8in, this is the only 8in i saw at homedepot, its adjustable. will this work? thanks guys!

DSCN0368.JPG

DSCN0369.JPG

i curies by my self let me know

it may sound weird but i would conect to of those in one pice and there you go super-duper L elbo

aw man, i gotta spend more money, not bad tho i got it for like 5 something each. that make sense tho, ill wait till my light get here then ill try it. thanks again brouli

Hey Tru. I think what you are looking to do is create an airtight/lighttight box that has 2 opens, one at the top and one at the bottom. Then you want to have a good strong exhaust fan sucking air out of the box at the top and then use PVC tubing to create a vent with a bend or 2 in it to keep light from escaping. Now clean air is being sucked into the bottom of the box through the intake and spent air is being sucked out and exhausted (with carbon filter for oder control later) through the top. I hope this helps.

brouli said:
try to put like an L shape pipe the elbo 90 degrees an you will se the diference

Nice one brouli as we would have been sitting for hours pondering on that. Genius.

hahah you got jokes ha ??
it all good im not going to say nothing about that couse i dont want no PM from HICK on what im writing so just dont read my posts next time since you now everything :)
peace out

Latest posts

Back