need help with hps light system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just saw this thread that is a 400 watt MH ballest i believe perfect for vegging and using inbetween HPS lighting i wouldn;t mess around to much with it use it for vegging and be happy as for other ballests there are a ton on the market at stupid crazy good prices i just picked up a new magnetic ballest with phillips bulb and a wing for like 180.00 1000 watt switchable MH 0r HPS

DrFever said:
just saw this thread that is a 400 watt MH ballest i believe perfect for vegging and using inbetween HPS lighting i wouldn;t mess around to much with it use it for vegging and be happy as for other ballests there are a ton on the market at stupid crazy good prices i just picked up a new magnetic ballest with phillips bulb and a wing for like 180.00 1000 watt switchable MH 0r HPS

They know its a 400:rolleyes:....

hey guys thanks for the help ive been busy trying to figure this all out and decided to just do it the right way and get an hps ballast and i am just going to build my own hood out of sheet metal i think that factory made ones are ridiculously priced and i can make one just as good as those. ive found an extra sun 1000 watt ballast on ebay right now for a good price but was wondering if you can run a lower wattage bulb like a 400 watt hps off of it? i would think you would be able to but thought i would ask the pros :D

No you can't. Generally ballast matches bulb. Be careful buying used equipment man. In this game, it goes down on you mid flower, in deep trouble.

I really think a dimmable ballast is worth the money. Check out Amazon and E-Bay. There are many companies retailing new stuff on E-Bay. Make sure you check people's reputation on E-Bay before buying.

Latest posts

Back