Need Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willowgrow

Reaction score
Hey everybody. First time poster, but i've gathered enough from you all to make a decent closet setup. I have two plants in DWC 2.5gal buckets in 5.5in net buckets. I use the BC set of nutes, and keep the PH between 5.8-6 and the PPM around 900. They are on the 12/12 schedule, 2 weeks into flowering. I have a reflected 150w HPS above each plant and the temp is about 75 with 40% humiditiy. One of them showed female at about 1 1/2 weeks, and the other one i am not sure of but i think it may be a hermy. It has hairs, though not as much or as long as the other one, but instead of just hairs it is sprouting more leaves along with them. Also, is that nute burn on the top of the plant? Or are they to close to the light? The pics are all of the one i'm unsure of. Thanks.

100_1069.jpg

100_1072.jpg

100_1063.jpg

100_1070.jpg

hello and welcome and congrats on growing ,,,,,well imo it looks female to me,,just keep an eye on her :peace:
and that on your leaves looks like light burn ,,,how close are they to the tops
one way of telling if there to close is to put your hand above the top of the plant and if it aint to hot on your hand after a minute your ladys should be fine ,,,just remember they will be growing tall fast at the minute so check the light distance daily ,,,,apart from that they are looking great,,:48:

willowgrow said:
Hey everybody. First time poster, but i've gathered enough from you all to make a decent closet setup. I have two plants in DWC 2.5gal buckets in 5.5in net buckets. I use the BC set of nutes, and keep the PH between 5.8-6 and the PPM around 900. They are on the 12/12 schedule, 2 weeks into flowering. I have a reflected 150w HPS above each plant and the temp is about 75 with 40% humiditiy. One of them showed female at about 1 1/2 weeks, and the other one i am not sure of but i think it may be a hermy. It has hairs, though not as much or as long as the other one, but instead of just hairs it is sprouting more leaves along with them. Also, is that nute burn on the top of the plant? Or are they to close to the light? The pics are all of the one i'm unsure of. Thanks.
The female hairs coming out with the leaves are fine, they just grow out to the side, on all plants, right next to the branches, possibly raise the pH to 6.5 that might help the yellowing

it looks pretty female to me, buddy :aok:... although, it still looks to be in veg pretty good...

just keep a close eye on it for a few more days, 'n you'll know better...

whiterussian said:
The female hairs coming out with the leaves are fine, they just grow out to the side, on all plants, right next to the branches, possibly raise the pH to 6.5 that might help the yellowing

no... he should lower the ph closer to 5.5... he's in hydro, not soil.

That crazy vancouver guy said:
no... he should lower the ph closer to 5.5... he's in hydro, not soil.

:yeahthat: If you are running DWC, you want to keep your pH between 5.5 and 5.8

The lights are about a foot away from the tops of the plants, and when i change out the water i set the ph a little low (like 5.4) because my runoff tends to be higher.

Latest posts

Back