need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve206

Reaction score
I am trying Sterling Haze this time. Grow room is an unused shower in my airstream trailer, [2' X 3'] I only have four feet from the top of the pot to the bottom of the 400W light. It is the space I have and I have heard that the Haze grows tall. Have read about pinching the plant to get it to bush out. Am I correct in thinking that I can control the height of the plant this way? If you know of another method or could steer me to another site, that would be really good.

Thanks ahead
Steve

pinching is good---u can also bend---with the lanky sativa IMO bending is better as they don't bush like a indica dominant

You need to keep your plants under 2 feet tall in veg in order for a under 4ft height to work for flowering..........

You might want to try low stress training in veg and the screen of green method in flower.

You are going to have to bend the hell out of her. Like Grower13 said you need to keep her to about 2 feet at the flip. She will most likely double in size on you. It can be done, you will just have to put in a lot of effort with lst. Good luck and Green Mojo.

A plant will at least double in size, often treble in size when the lights are flipped, my advice is to make a scrog cage, it will help you control the height.

:peace:

I did a great scrog in a space that was only 4' tall from the floor to the top of the box, using 300W of HPS, but it wasn't a Haze. I would not only top, I believe that you are going to need to scrog or do some lst to keep it small enough. Even then, they grow so tall and willowy that you are probably going to have some problems. How did you end up deciding to grow such a large plant in such a small space?

I keep my plants under 2 ft tall in veg........ is much easier for me to run clones.

Top at 5th node, then Fim at 3rd node from topping point. Then when the limbs are reaching about 15" tall, "supercrop" them. When they reach 24", place a screen over them so that it pushes them down to 20" and begin bending them over to spread out under the screen. As soon as the screen is about 75% covered (underneath screen), fflip the lights to 12/12 as by that point they should be mature enough to flower. :)

Thanks to everyone for their input. If I had pictures like that, I would be sharing them as well. I wanted to grow Sativa and fell for the weekend special pricing from Holland. Looks like I will be learning how to bend or something. It is something that I have never done, so it sounds mysterious.

Guess I should have asked for advice on a Sativa dominant strain, but that tends to open the opinion gates.

Thanks again to everyone for being here,,,,

steve

Don't worry, training methods aren't as difficult or mysterious as they seem. Any one of the more experienced peeps here can walk you through it. You can also go to you tube and look at videos on each of the methods that I listed. :)

Who would have thunk about youtube???

Thanks you for that direction. Already learned a lot in the first five minutes. Any pitfalls to be aware of????

Muchos Gracias,,,,

Steve

Just don't take anything as "gospel" or as the "only way", "the best way", as there are many ways to do things, especially with growing MJ. You will have to do your own experimenting with what you see and learn so that you can find what works best for you and your unique situation. You will see some guys make some outrageous claims and even show what appears to be amazing results, but if it is sooo amazing, yet only this person on you tube is doing it, and no one on here at the fforum is doing or heard of it, then it is likely "bovine organically processed fertilizer" also known as B.S. I look at stuff and read stuff then compare it to others and the true information will show up and the B.S. will have the "glow" of B.S. :) When in doubt ask about :)

Who would have thunk about youtube???

Thanks you for that direction. Already learned a lot in the first five minutes. Any pitfalls to be aware of????

Muchos Gracias,,,,

Steve

I am not a big fan of You Tube as far as a source to learn how to grow. You need to be wary of everything you see on You Tube...it may or may not be true. I also have found that there is a whole lot of ** on there and a whole lot of people who don't really know what they are talking about. People can claim anything they want to or make their grows anything they want, regardless of the facts. Use it for general information....and remember if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. There is no secret method, or special nutrient or additive, or special soil that is going to double or quadruple your yield. Just be wary and ask questions if you have them.

When did you become so cynical THG?

Did you not know that if you add the shedded skin of a cat toe nail it will make ALL MJ plants grow whiskers, and the whiskers on the Cola are the best of the best to smoke, it has to be true, Youtube said it.

When did you become so cynical THG?

Did you not know that if you add the shedded skin of a cat toe nail it will make ALL MJ plants grow whiskers, and the whiskers on the Cola are the best of the best to smoke, it has to be true, Youtube said it.

and smoking banana peels, read it in the berkely barb!!! Had to be TRUE!!

Latest posts

Back