Need help...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groot

Reaction score
Hi All!!! It's been awhile since I've been on. If anybody recalls the last issues I posted about, well, all turned out great and I worry too much! That said, I have a new issue (haha, always something, but that's how we learn and get better, right). I have powdery mildew, eeek! I have two flower rooms, one is 10 days from harvest. I'm treating with PM Wash and crossing my fingers in that room. The other room is at week 3. I tried Organocide plant doctor (systemic) while they were still in veg and it helped. Not wanting to continue with something so harsh I changed to Serenade. It works for a bit too. But after fighting the urge to try the sulfer burner method I have decided to go that route as most of my research is pointing to this as being most effective and I am really tired of spraying! I cannot seem to get any clear answers as to how to proceed. I have the burner and the pellets. I have read a slight mist before application is beneficial. I dont know how long to burn for or how much to use, but I have read to do it when lights go out. I have an air scrubber and fans, but no exhaust to the room. Can I do it and then be safe to go back in when lights go on again? I appreciate your help! I have had a tough time of it these last several months, lots of personal tragedies which made it so my garden did not get the attention it should have but I want to get back on track.

P.S. If I left out any info that could help let me know. Thanks!

Oh come on now guys! I know there's a lot of smart folks on here that have at least a pretty good idea of what I need to do. Plz take a few minutes to help! :)

I'm not familiar with the method you wanna use but I had it happen once in winter, and I took all my plants pots and scrubbed the inside of my room with warm water and bleach in a squirt bottle. Also when your finished run lights and fan for a few hours. Then I eradicated as much as I could and spyayed with organic stuff I got from my grow shop. . Before I leaned the room the spray only seemed to be slowing it down . After it worked perfectly.

Thank you, and I do plan on giving all areas a very good scrub down when finished! I am tempted to harvest the one that is now 9 days away just to be done with the hassle, but everybody keeps saying to stick it out. The veg room is doing great but I know the sprays just slow it down and at any time can become a big problem! I really have done a lot of reading about the sulfur burner, which seems to all but eradicate the PM, but I cannot seem to get any clear answers as to how to proceed. Argh!!!

You'd need some one that's done it before , I'm pretty sure it's dangerous , and that yad want to vent it outside !

I purchased a burner from the grow store, so it is not a homemade one, so in that regard it should be safe. From what I have read so far, the vapor dissipates after awhile so it should be safe to enter. But not sure if the exhausting is for the benefit of me, the plant, or both. I dont have a way to exhaust it anywhere.

I'm sure there's someone round here who knows how to do it. Just wait it out. Hope it doesn't take too long

Right. My eyes hurt from too much looking around the net, and a lot of the forums do not have anyone knowledgeable it seems. I chose this one awhile back because I think it's the best!

Geez. I guess I'm just gonna chop it all down and start new on my own. Hard to believe no one has any answers or will take the time to respond. This site used to be helpful.

I don't know if i am thinking of co2 or sulfer, i am wracking my brain trying to remember who. Did you do a search, I will now.

Thanks Rosebud! After my temper tantrum I walked away from the computer and the garden and went out to dinner. I'm better now, guess I should've had a snickers :)

I should add that I cannot hear any sound on videos because my computer needs a new sound card so youtube does me no good.

I think one of our older growers on here "4u2smoke" used to use a sulfur burner to combat PM. you might be able to find one of his posts but I'm not sure.

If you are not ventilating your grow, how are you refreshing the air? CO2 generator and AC? if that's the case then you need to get a carbon filter and exhaust fan to set up within the space after doing the sulfur burn to remove enough of the smoke from the space to be able to breathe yourself. I'm surprised the store didn't have any info on how to use it. Try doing a google search on "sulfur burning"(if you haven't already).

If you can't find anything, you may have to experiment. I would start with burning one pellet during the dark period. Make sure you have good fan activity to move the air around the room. I would leave the AC on so that it can get some sulfur as well to remove the PM that is probably growing some in the AC coils.
If you go in the next day and it doesn't seem like one pellet created enough sulfur smoke to really fill the room, then do another burn the next night and do 2 pellets.

I hope you find some info rather than having to experiment as that can be tedious.

Thank you Hushpuppy. I do have CO2. I also have a carbon filter but was actually wondering if I should have it on or even in the room during a sulfur burn. I read somewhere online that someone thought that would be bad for it but didnt really understand why?! I should've asked the guy in the store but I honestly thought I'd find answers online, stupid me. I have done tons of Google searches but 99% of what comes up is more people asking questions and the info I do get is very basic how to, nothing for specific dilemmas! I am thinking I will have to experiment, try your idea of one pellet and leave AC on and just check in the next lights on schedule how its going. Better than chopping them down out of frustration.

I had to do a couple burns a few years ago and I think the posts might have been lost. Its really just shutting all exhaust and lights off and doing the burn, i left a small fan on to move the air around just a bit, stuff rags or something in any openings like a door because its gonna stink real bad. I left the burner on for about 25 min and then let it sit another hour or two before turning any exhaust back on, I hope you dont have any nosey neighbours because like I said it stinks real bad, I had PM pretty severe and after two burns I never seen it again, when spraying is not effective this is the way to go.

Ok so I read your post properly and you dont have exhaust so you will need to get the air exchanged a few times after you let it sit for a few hours, and your not going to want it to go into your home it stinks, I used about 3/4 of a cup and burned it for 25 mins, a VERY light misting before hand is good. If you want to seal the deal repeat it all again in about 3-4 days and I would be shocked if you PM isnt gone.

One last thing, if you have any clones from these plants they are a danger, PM is systemic (I think thats it) clones taken that show no sign now can and will get PM later, think about ditching them. Good Luck

Thanks Dman1234. I think Im just gonna give it my best shot with piecing together bits of advice. Im gonna use 1/4 cup for 15 minutes, leaving AC, carbon filter, fans, and dehumidifier on. I wont go back in until lights back on. Gonna do it at 1 AM so everybody should be asleep. lol. I hope I can seal the room up enough so it wont be too bad in the house! The PM is not too bad but I am hoping to eradicate it as much as possible, as I hate spraying and even tho they controlled it pretty well in the other room, as harvest gets close the PM seems to be trying to fight bad hard! Your comment that you never saw it again after burning gives me hope!

I edited my earlier post,

leaving exhaust on is not ideal as you dont want to suck it out before it can do its job, but either way good luck.

Latest posts

Back