Need Link 2 Successful CFL Grows !?!??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found for flower 6,000 lumens per square foot of CFLs for flower was a must to get an alright harvest. 50W of HIDs is a good mark per square foot if you can cool the bulb and have the heat flow through and exhaust out the box even more wattage.

Please forget the "incadescent equivilent" wattage...it is a totally worthless number... ALL that matter when it comes to CFLs is:
1. Kelvin Temp
2. Actual wattage used
3. lumen output

I have 4 sq/ft and six 2700k 26w bulbs and 2 6000k 26w bulbs, all at 1700 lumens each. So 1700x8=13,600 lumens, 13,600 / 4=3400. So i have 3400 lumens per sq/ft. I was thinking i needed more lumens when i was heading into the late stages of flower to get a good yield but i was wrong. More lumens would certainly help things, but it isnt necessary, as long as you have 3000 lumens per sq/ft you should be fine. I havent updated pics on my journal this week but when she is awake and i get a chance i will get some new ones posted.

whats the ideal Kelvin Temp? 3000k??
i have a few extra 3000k ones lying around.

3000k ones will be good, they are geared more toward the flower end of the scale, more "red" light.

so long as your lumen out put is the right ammount for the space you should be fine just be sure that you have the right color spectrum for veg and flower.

http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-journals/140651-1st-grow-cfls-northern-lights.html

This grow was pretty remarkable for CFLs and a determining factor for me.

Lumens and proper coverage is key. Here is a final picture of his product... INCREDIBLE!

IMGP0394.jpg

md.apothecary said:
http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-journals/140651-1st-grow-cfls-northern-lights.html

This grow was pretty remarkable for CFLs and a determining factor for me.

Lumens and proper coverage is key. Here is a final picture of his product... INCREDIBLE!

wow man, wow.

that is very remarkable.
whats up with the CFL's you had there??? i have seen them before, but it didnt look like it just screws into a normal socket?
how do i go about hooking thos lights up? and arent they more $ than the normal cfl??

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
wow man, wow.

that is very remarkable.
whats up with the CFL's you had there??? i have seen them before, but it didnt look like it just screws into a normal socket?
how do i go about hooking thos lights up? and arent they more $ than the normal cfl??

The picture above isn't mine, it's from the link I posted with it. But those look like the screw in type.

He said his setup included the following:

My grow setup is a box I built measuring 2 foot x 2 foot x 3 foot high

I am using 3 x 125w envirolites 6400k for the vegative growth and 3 x 125w envirolites 2700k for flowering.

I have a Vortice extractor fan that moves over 350cfm 125mm (this is outside the growbox)

A 6" computer fan to move some air around (not alot however)

but that's ALL he used was a total of 6 CFLs and 3 for each phase.

3 x 125w envirolites 2700k for flowering. .:goodposting:

....Thats what i need. i think they run about $20 each...either way, iits worth it :).

thanks a bunch for the info bro .:goodposting:

octobong007 said:
those links aren't a cfl grow, they only used them in vegging. i'm doing a complete cfl grow in my hydro, at flowering i was using full spectrum tubes and changed over yesterday and let me tell ya...holy sheet, their looking all perky like they got a purpose...i'll post a little as i go. i'm using 8 23w, 4 26w, and 4 85w all are 2700k except the 85 is 3000. here's the link to the 85w...looks pretty impressive. http://www.1000bulbs.com/85-Watt-Compact-Fluorescents/9182/ i was going to go with hps, but changed my mind, wanted to try something else out.

????...You could be running a 600w HPS and it would be cheaper than all those bulbs(620watts)...Your yield would be much better as well!

IV:XX said:
????...You could be running a 600w HPS and it would be cheaper than all those bulbs(620watts)...Your yield would be much better as well!

and how would the heat be in comparison to 2 cfl's? i'm using an enclosed stealth box that i built, and the cfl's i'm using NEEDS the fan, i couldn't imagine a 600watt hps in this box...of course it could help heat my house lol.

Latest posts

Back