need some help deciding on strains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruufuus

novice ethnobotanist
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been away from the forum for a while, but I will be starting a new grow before too long and would like some help deciding on a strain or two. I am looking for something very fruty and tasty, extremely stoney, with large yield. I could spend hours on attitudes website comparing and reading reviews, but I decided to turj to you all for some insight instead. I plan to purchase 2 possibly 3 strains. I look forward to your posts, thanks!

Well after some talking with a coworker and a little bit of research, I have decided on two strains. I plan to purchase BIG bud, and durban poison. Now I just need some insight on which breeder has the best quality of both these strains. Any advice folks??

I havn't grown the Durban poison but the Big Bud should be renamed to Big Duds. Good looking buds but very disapointing high from them.

no kidding? can you recommend another high yielder with better quality?

Skunk #1 by Sensi has always been a good producer for me.

Critical Mass (Afghani x Skunk No. 1) from Mr. Nice is a big producer :)
they say its a reworked big bud

lots of crosses out there of it now.

ozzydiodude said:
Skunk #1 by Sensi has always been a good producer for me.
whatr your average yields per plant, and how long do you veg em?

I grow mostly out doors, Have had anywhere from 3/4 lb to 3 1/2 lbs from them. For me Mother Nature plays a big part in the final totals.

i really want something with a good yield rate and decent thc% like 14+ and another strain with extremely high thc %. what do you all recomend?

Never had the THC tested in anything I have grown so I couldn't tell you for sure if anything have a high THC level or not.

-Agent orange by subcool

-AK47 by Serious Seeds(my 1st choice)

-Northern Lights or AK48 by Nirvana

-Lavendar by Soma

ruufuus said:
Well after some talking with a coworker and a little bit of research, I have decided on two strains. I plan to purchase BIG bud, and durban poison. Now I just need some insight on which breeder has the best quality of both these strains. Any advice folks??

I am quite pleased with Mandala's strains: Satori, Point of No Return, 8 Miles High. I have a Beyond the Brain (first grow of this strain) flowering now that is smelling wonderful.

I noticed that you had a thread where you were worrying about buying seeds online. Talking to your coworkers about the best beans to grow is FAR FAR more dangerous than ordering seeds. You might want to really try to quit talking about growing to others around you--THAT is what gets people busted.

I don't really thing that either Big Bud or Durban Poison are good choices for you. Durban Poison is a BIG rangy 100% sativa and mine took quite a while to mature and Big Bud is, IMO, more a commercial strain--big buds, but not much kick.

I get a good yield and knock down potency from Cali Connections Larry OG....she is a 10 week strain though so not the fastest maturing wise. The beans also are on the pricey side but she is still my overall favorite strain. Jmo

Peakseedsbc has some nice strains. :)

Their Northern Skunk is lovely.

Latest posts

Back