Need Some Help Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColBlake

Reaction score
Problem: The majority of fan leaves are turning yellow with browning around the edges.

My ladies have been in the hut for 31 days. Flowering began about 20 days ago, but looks to have quite a while to go. Flowers are growing well.

They are on 12/12 under 600 HPS.

I've been on a feed, feed, flush schedule. (Should I continue that?)
1 T Big Bloom and 2 t Tiger Bloom.

Ph was a problem in the past but it's been maintained at 6, so that is ok now. However, the fans are still yellowing and it's spreading. :hairpull:

After reading through some of the posts, it looks like maybe I should stop the flushing and just give nutes upon watering every 3 days?

Thanks, in advance!

DSC00306.JPG

DSC00275.JPG

Yellowing of the fan leaves is common in flowering. The plant is feeding itself with nutrients from the large fan leaves. Just give some nutes with a dose of N every other watering and it should help out with the yellowing. Some of the fan leaves are going to yellow and die, regardless of what you do though. Just my thoughts. Ladies look fine so far. Keep up the good work. Take care and be safe.

.. in "soil"?? .. 6.0 is a tad low for dirt.. IMO.
Could be locking out almost everything..
attachment.php

the yellowing is a bit premature at only 3 weeks into floweing.. but they do look god..

ColBlake said:
After reading through some of the posts, it looks like maybe I should stop the flushing and just give nutes upon watering every 3 days?

Your nutrients should be adjusted to allow you to use them with every watering with no signs of burning or over-ferting.

Flushing as you are is pointless unless you've over fertilized and have to flush to rid the soil of the nutrient overload.

It sounds like you've used too much already. I would give the plants a break and not give ANY nutrients for at least a week after your *last flush*. The flush will rid the soil of any overage and the week will allow the plant to recover from the stress of over ferting and over watering.

Good luck man!

Thanks Smoky and Hick...

Question, Smoky: "Just give some nutes with a dose of N..."
N = Nitrogen?

Yeah, growing in soil...So, 6.5 ph would be better? I was having a time getting them under 7, so I started flushing with 6.0, thinking it would bring ph down to around 6.5. Is that how it works? Maybe I should just water/flush with 6.5?

And what about the flushing part (no nutes)? Is this really necessary? What is the real purpose? Is it for ph adjustment, purging nute overload, or what?

Really appreciate all your learned advice!

Okay, so my questions were answered by POTUS! Geez, man...You must be psychic!

THANKS!

Latest posts

Back