need some quick help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Campesino

The Farmer
Reaction score
Im growing White Widow in DWC
day 32 of 12-12...
Using Dutch Master bloom nutes.
The buds are way bushier than I'm accustomed to and was wondering if this might be due to too much nitrogen?
The N is in a slightly larger percentage than what i've always used in soil grows
or
Is the bushy bud thing just characteristic of WW??

WW does bush out like crazy, and high N at 32 days of flower can cause the plant to keep developing new growth. recent research shows that plant like more nitrogen and potassium than phosphorous. we are just trying to grow morbidly o beast plants. hey... i don't mind a little carne in my caldo .

Thanks for your response
The DM nutes are a 2 part system....part A is the one containing the nitrogen.
Guess I should back off that part entirely?
My lights come on in just over an hour, I'm going to pull the DWC out a little before that and get to changing the res.
I'll attach some photos then

OK First off Welcome to MP! Now N is used fer veggin and will help with that bushyness and leaf growth. P is used to fatten up your buds and so forth. Now some WW have been pictured with monster bud. Good light is also a factor! Alot of factors count when flowering. Sounds like to me your doing fine. If your concerned about the weight get some wooden skewers and prop them up.

when i read airy buds i automatically think not enough light penetration. just a guess.....Loola

Thanks everybody for the input.
I have 2 400watt HPS in a 1 sq meter grow tent and the greenery is principally in the upper buds so i can pretty much rule out light issues.

I just changed the res and went with the part 2 of the Dutch Master and hydroplex taking it up to 930PPM. According to the NPK on the bottles, there should be no nitrogen in the mix.
One thing that throws off my thoughts on excess nitrogen is that they do seem to be cannabalizing some of the lower leaves for N

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

my outdoor afganis usually start dropping some of the fan leaves at about this stage in flowering. i don't really nute them from now on unless they are telling me they really need some. but i'm a dirt guy who grows outdoor only.

Latest posts

Back