neeed your opinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr pyro

member #123456789
Reaction score
i currently have a 40 inch by 40 inch room with a 400 hps for the flowering. i don't think i have enough light. i was thinking to add 600 hps so i'll have the 600 and 400 or should i get another 400. whats your thoughts

I would think the 600 in that space would be good by itself . I run a 600 in my 48x48 spot and am quite happy with it.

If you can cool a 1000w I would use that. I used 2000w in a 72x72 inch area and it was barely enough.

your fine.
paint your walls flat white
or get mylar and itll make better use of the light.

although a 600w could never hurt
:)

Yes, the more light the better. But you should get adequate lighting with the 400 watt hid for that space. Just the same, if you can keep it cool, try for as many watts as possible.

If you find that you have heat issues with a higher wattage hid, you can always supplement with fluorescent lights. Fluoros burn cooler than hids. Are you able to manage the heat with what you're using now? Do you have good ventilation? If so, try 600 - 1000 watts and see what happens?

i got mylar in there and the plants are budding like crazy. I just think i need more.i have 2 huge fans one pulling the cold air from the basement over then its dumped upstairs where heat is neaded.the other vents the room every hr for 15 min that goes outside. Then I have a wall mount 12 inch on at all times.I have no heat issues at all with 400 so ithink i'll put the 600 in there and see what happens. thanks for helping me decide

Latest posts

Back