Nerw container idea for indoor growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420benny

Not lost, just exploring
Reaction score
I have wanted to get a bunch of ice cream containers for a while. Every time I ask at the shop, they are out. Not this weekend. I scored 15 of them. 6 were 50 cents, 9 were 75 cents each. 11 litre, 12" tall, 9" diameter. The beauty of them IMO is they are taller than wide so you can put more of them in your area. Plus, the tap roots have to be happy with a deep area to grow. Just sharing in case your ice cream parlor doesn't use cardboard ones. Had to hit 2 shops to get all these, but it was worth it. I o'd'ed on chocolate for the second batch of containers. Chocolate malt fudge chip is way too rich:p
edit: I guess we can't edit the title of our own thread in case we find a spelling mistake?

icecreambucket0001.JPG

icecreambucket0002.JPG

Maybe it's cuz they don't have refrigerators in England yet.;)

I would do something to help with light penetration on those tubs. Either paint them or wrap in tape or something, they look like light will penetrate them easily, and that would be very unhealthy for your root systems. Once you address the light issue test it and make sure it is light tight. I'm sure this doesn't need to be said, but don't forget to add drainage and properly clean/sterilize before use.

Latest posts

Back