New aeroponic clone box and timer question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megan23247

Sexy Female Grower
Reaction score
This month in Hightimes magazine there is an article called "How to grow a pound of pot every 3 weeks!" In the article they show how to build an aeroponic/NFT system for clones so me and my boyfriend decided to build one. We did a couple things diff (used bigger nets, a 550 pump, holds 7 clones) but it was VERY easy to build and so far is working great. :hubba: They say I should see roots in a few days! Sure beats the week and a half it can sometimes take for my clones to get roots now!

Here are some pics...

Anyone have a similar setup? If so, what do you keep your timer on? Also, what is a cycle timer and where do I get one? (already looked at home depot and lowes, they have regular timers but no cycle timers)

Any input will help, this is my first attempt at "Hydro" so im open for whatever...:D

aero.jpg

aero2.jpg

aero3.jpg

IMG00026-20090430-2336.jpg

IMG00025-20090430-2335.jpg

I use botanicare powercloners. I run the pump 24/7. You can buy a recycling timer and run them 1 minute on and 4 minutes off. I have been seriously thinking of buying some myself. Try and save power where you can.

I have read that article and plan on building this myself.

I built one very similar to this a couple of years ago, almost the same thing. The only thing I did different was the sprayers. I used the fogging misters like the ones they use on the outdoor CoolMist systems. It works great, but you wont get a pound every 3 weeks with it. I dont see how they can say that.

i also raed this in the mag plan on building lol let me no how it works the cycle time you need to order online or from a hydro shop to you plan on building the rest of the system in the mag ?

ks cause the guy in the mag has the clone box then a veg unit and 3 flowering units built of pvc through plactic fance post aero/nft

DLM3 said:
I built one very similar to this a couple of years ago, almost the same thing. The only thing I did different was the sprayers. I used the fogging misters like the ones they use on the outdoor CoolMist systems. It works great, but you wont get a pound every 3 weeks with it. I dont see how they can say that.

To get the lb every 3 weeks he has 2 rooms. 1 for vegging for 3 weeks then on to the flower room for 9. This cloner was just a side point of the article.

wesley said:
i also raed this in the mag plan on building lol let me no how it works the cycle time you need to order online or from a hydro shop to you plan on building the rest of the system in the mag ?

So far its working great. Thanks for the info. I grow organic in soil so this is a new set up for me and I have LOTS to learn about Hydro before I go any furthur thats for sure. Figured this was a good start. :D

Just thought I would let yall know how da Aeroponic Cloner is doing...:hubba:

It only took 6 days to get roots!!!! :D It used to take me 2 weeks! :eek:

Hopefully this will help to get my girls into flower even that much quicker. :hubba:

aero roots.jpg

roots aero.jpg

megan23247 said:
Just thought I would let yall know how da Aeroponic Cloner is doing...:hubba:

It only took 6 days to get roots!!!! :D It used to take me 2 weeks! :eek:

Hopefully this will help to get my girls into flower even that much quicker. :hubba:

Wait until you go full aeroponics

I have also built one of these and I have had 100 percent success on 50+ clones so far.

Latest posts

Back