New batch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KushBlower12

Smoke em' if ya got em'
Reaction score
Hey everyone just starting a new journal. I picked up some clones from a shop down south. Ive got 2 White Widow, 2 Purple Kush, 2 AK47, 2 Shiva Skunk, 1 Bubblegum, 1 Strawberry Cough, 1 Shiva C, and 1 Hindu Kush. I know its quite a buffet, but I just couldnt pass up on these babies. Closet #1 is 24"x18"x6' that will soon be split in half to house a few mothers on the bottom and then the clones and seedlings on the top. For the clones, mothers and during the early stage of veg phase, I will be using flouros. Once the plants out-grow the 1st closet, they will be moved to closet #2 which is about 4'x4'x8' where they will be illuminated by a 400 watt MH. Once I induce flowering Ill replace that with my 600 watt HPS. Im going with a soil mix of Supersoil/Fox Farm along with 30% perlite.

Ive had my clones for 3 days now, most are kicking *** but a couple of them are pretty weak. Hopefully the stress of transplant wont be too harsh for em. Im feeding the more mature ones 1/4 solution of Fox Farm nutes, superthrive(because I had good results last time), and seaweed extract. The ph of my nutes is 6.6. Im having some yellowing also on a few, hopefully they stay strong. Ill try and keep you guys posted. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks and keep growing.

008-1.jpg

009.jpg

010-1.jpg

011-2.jpg

I would assume you cut holes in the bottom of the blue cups?

I took some clones of a cotton plant and used plastic cups like that one time. Even with holes in them I still lost a few to water saturation.

I would just watch the water in them.

Just an idea.

Everything looks good! Congrats!

Hey Burnz, ya I cut holes in the cups, but youre right. Ive been having some hard times getting them started. A few seedlings popped out but then soon died. I mixed with 50% perlite but I guess its still too much.

In regards to clones with large fan leaves... Some of the fan leaves are just too big for the small clones. Is it alright to cut it off? I know its bad to prune especially during the early phases, but all they are doing is dragging the plant down. Im also having a little bit of yellowing, but it might just be transplant shock.

Want to pull up a seat on this grow. You have a great bunch of different strians....Good Luck and Good Growing!

Today is such a good day for me. I think Im going to be harvesting my earlier batch - GDP and Sweet Sour Diesel!

So heres an update on my little ones. Ive had my girls for 12 days now and things are going smoothly for the most part. My WW and PK are definitely showing their dominance, but the others, especially the SS are doing great.

I love my plants, as Im sure you all do too. I find myself checking them several times throughout the day just to make sure everything is ok (like any good parent). So as fate would have it, yesterday I found my first spider web on my AK#2. I immediately seperated it from the others and applied a foliar spray of neem and dish soap to all of them as a preventative. Im keeping a very close eye on it (and the others) to make sure Im not seeing any more. Are AKs particularly known for attracting spidermites? I have like 7 different strains going and only that one had it... I dont know. Heres some pics, hope your enjoy. Keep growing!

001-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-1.jpg

So Im trying to stay on top of these damn mites... I washed with the neem once, then again 3 days later. Today I rinsed all my leaves off with water and a little FF grow nutes. My girls seem to be doing alright considereing their unwelcomed guests, but now Im having a new problem.

Some of my leaves are twisting and drying up. Zinc def? Then some leaves are curling under. Reaction to the neem? Anyone else had these effects? I dont really think it should be a nute deficiency. Theyve only been planted for 2 weeks.

001-4.jpg

002-4.jpg

003-2.jpg

Good news is, spidermites are gone. Bad news is Im still finding some of their eggs. Did I just not wash them all off? They kinda stick.
I moved the plants into my 4x3.5 closet under the 400 mh. A few of the leaves are slightly twisted and discolored, but most are back to normal. The new growth looks good. This is my first time using flouros, prior to the mh for early veg. I like em. They give me some good thick foliage and the internodes are close. Depending on health, the Purple Kush,WW,Bubblegum,and Shiva Skunk are most likely going to be kept as mothers. I wish I could keep them all as mothers but I just dont have the room.

Can anyone please tell me what causes buds to become more dense. Is it strain? Is it consistently having my ph within 6.3-6.8 to allow all my nutes to be available?

001-7.jpg

002-7.jpg

003-4.jpg

So here they are now. Successfully bouncing back from spidermites and stress. None of them died, just a few lost leaves :cool:. All of them have some nice healthy growth, but especially the white widows. They are obviously the two biggest. The purple kush are getting so thick I can hardly see the main stem. The shiva skunks are looking really good but they are just a little slower growers, same with the 2 AKs. The bubblegum and strawberry cough/chocolate chunk are also looking really healthy but once again slower growth. Im using FF grow, Botanicare sweet, seaweed extract, and superthrive 1/4 strength everyother watering. Ph is at a constant 6.5. Temp is at 75 with humidity at 38-40. Im thinking about changing up my nutes. I havent given them very many so I dont think it will shock them by changing up. Any suggestions out there? Has anyone gone from Fox Farm to another brand with better results? Thanks alot guys. Your suggestions are appreciated!

001-8.jpg

002-8.jpg

looking good man. My WW were the tallest of the bunch as well. They grew taller but were not as bushy as my Bubblegum or Blueberry.

Ya my last grow they took off like this too, they were sweet sour diesel and a purp. Im really liking how thick the Purple Kush and bubblegum are. Its pretty badass. The new growth is booming. In only 8 days they seemed to have doubled in size. So any suggestions on nutes out there?

For the WW I would go very easy on the nutes. They do not respond well to higher ppm's and they do not take swings in pH very well either. The Bubblegum I have can take 1800 ppm and not so much get one yellow tip.

Thats great to know, thanks. That bubblegum should be pretty good. I really should invest in a ppm meter. I bought a cheap one when I first started and I learned my lesson that your get what you pay for. Thanks bud

If you buy the proper science beakers and flasks for measuring and follow the instructions on the bottles you should get it pretty close. I also invested in a Hanna Instruments meter, measures ppm, pH, Cm, and temp. Best 200 bucks I have spent.

Latest posts

Back