New box no problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Reaction score
So i got the new box up and going and its been a couple of weeks since i was out to see it last. :shocked: a couple of weeks you say; how did your plants survive with out tending to? you ask. well they are in the care of someone else most of the time as now I'm growing off site. I go and do what i need to checking over any and every thing that is going on but i leave the watering and day to day stuff (like making temp checks and making sure the spot hasn't burnt down :D) to another. Yeah its going to cost me a part of the harvest but for now thats better than waiting to get robbed again. Any way on to a few pics of some monster seedlings on their first set of leaves (singles only) so far :eek: The tops are a bit heavy and were laying down the cir. fan was blowing them over so it was re-positioned and the stalks were braced with dirt. The one doing the twist is right in the front row not sure if it was just on the cusp of the heat from the light or if its a N problem starting but like i said its 2 weeks till its time for food, time will tell.

Background info:

Soil grow - Happy frog soil
Potter size - 3.75 gal.
Alaska (5-1-1) nutes (none yet 2 more weeks till 1/4 dose ;))
waterings are now min because its a seedling but when getting vegging well the potter takes 1/4 gal to fully soak all corners.
Temps and Humidity - 78* and 53% for now.
About the box ------>HERE<------

IMG_2992.JPG

IMG_2993.JPG

IMG_2995.JPG

Hello Dubb :)

Maybe you want to water that dry soil.

The curling at that size is the leaves losing too much moisture.

At that age with stretch you as I know the light is causing it.

Any idea of the RH during the night?

It looks a very dry grow area.

:peace:

HI,

I tried HF soil a few months ago with a batch of seedlings... And LOTS of them first had contorted leaves and also had leaves that got nute burn... brown spots, dry leaves etc... I had started them in a tree seedling flat for depth and I gave them only water and I've never seen a batch of seedlings SO unhappy... And there were many strains... Maybe we both got a bag of a bad batch? I dunno... Hick posted that he's never had any issues when he used HF cuz his store was out of FFOF once... but I saw it with my own eyes... I transplanted them quick and it took a few weeks for the roots to grow into the new soil and shake off the burn... And it's so fragile to transplant such small seedlings... I thought about rinsing off the soil but I wanted it to be as stress free as it could possibly be...

Good Luck... :cool:

Sadfrog.jpg

Nice to see you made it back to growing.

HippyInEngland said:
Hello Dubb :)

Maybe you want to water that dry soil.

The curling at that size is the leaves losing too much moisture.

At that age with stretch you as I know the light is causing it.

Any idea of the RH during the night?

It looks a very dry grow area.

:peace:

HIE the potentials were watered after i had stood them up and taken pics ;)

The light was backed up a bit farther than needed to be but i knew i wouldnt be out to check on them for a couple weeks after i had started them so it was sort of deliberate.

IDK on the nigh time RH, It was about 67% when i had the box up and the light off and such before i put in the plants though so i figure its close to that still, if not a bit higher due to a watering can that is in behind the potters.

It looks dry but there is a watering can in the back of the buckets that cant be seen in the photos to keep up the RH when the light is on. Huh :confused2: im so baked right now that i just said that 2x :D

dirtyolsouth said:
Hick posted that he's never had any issues when he used HF cuz his store was out of FFOF once

I got to go with him on it ive not had any trouble with it either, and i like it because it has the benificial micros that FF doesnt offer in the OF. I will say that some strains ive grown have had a different start off some acting like it was hot while others seemed to need more (additives) sooner but it (IMO) has been about the most stable out of the bag ready to grow mix ive seen.

Another week down and they are massive!

IMG_3103.JPG

IMG_3104.JPG

IMG_3105.JPG

i'd be a little worried about the leaf curl.... what are your temps sitting at?

There between 78-85 might ahve run warmer a couple of days when the outside temps were up way above normal but its not a major concern yet.

wow, very nice dubbaman. Looks like some explosive growth for just one week!!!

pcduck said:
looking sweet Dubbaman
LOL i get the same thing when im trying to spread the love with just about everyone Duck so dont worry bro ;)

*UPDATE* foiler feedings of 1/2 strength FFBB has started ( i dont ususally use the BB but it was the only thing avail) and a full dose every other watering for the 2 weeks. May only be another week or so vegging and then off to the races.

group.JPG

single.JPG

Sweet looking indie room dubba! What's your average height when you put them to flower? thanks

Usual about 1 ft but they are already that and looked to be starting to pre-sex on their own so I'm waiting a week to do it. It seems that they grew about 6" in the week i think 18 ( if they go like that again) will be nice in a 6' box. They would get about 4' 4.5'

Latest posts

Back