New but Old

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr Haze

Toke toke toke ....
Reaction score
Hi to all those growers out there!!!:holysheep:

I am new to the sight but old to the ways of growing>
I grow outdoors seeing i have the South African sun that is faaaaar better than lights here!
But this year I started with a Maple Leafe Indica and an old South African Sativa, My thought is that it is a Skunk cos the beads are very loose and the plant is no more than 1m! but the high is great, I waited for the tricombs to turn cloudy and that was it, chop chop, :hubba:
The high is an active head high with a last of 1 to 1:30 hours which is nice if you dont wanna get too f#ed and still do stuff.

Well the MLI is a plant that i say every grower, f#ck every1, should grow
Mine is still in the flowering stages, 3 weeks, and is 2,2m tall with a radious of 2m.

Yes Its F#ing Big, SA sun man!!!!:cool:

Well I fed her nitosol untill she started to bud then moved her to potassium for budding and its the ****!
Just to say growing outdoors is not the easyest there is allot of TLC, yes TLC not THC;), cos trust me after 2 weeks of budding she has plenty of THC.

But I have noticed that talking to the plant HELPS ALOT!

Also as the budding starts you will notice there is allot i mean ALOT of vegetation!
Now here is what you do ..... Carefully wiles talking to her take off all the fan leaves , this opens her up a bit so alll the buds get sun, yes you will find allot of buds hidden in the bushes.

Well this helps to get those buds into the sun and they grow...
And to those wondering if it makes the smoke harsh, no but only if you do it in the 1st or 2nd week of budding!!!

Well guys ill tell you more and post some pics later...

All the best to all you growers
any quesies just write

Stoner over and out....

Have you ever Grown a Maple leafe Indica?? they are brutal wen it comes to veg... trust me I have used this method on many occations and my yeald was bigger and better :) ...
Also i have left them but i found the smoke to be less potent and the heads smaller.

Here are some of the Pics from My MLI in 2 weeks in flowering
And my SA Skunk Just before chop chop

MLI 1.JPG

MLI 2.JPG

MLI 3.JPG

I know what u mean and i do agree with you, thats why i only take the fan leaves, and as you can see on the pics there are still plenty of them to go around!

the science behind it is thatyour budds need alot of light to get bigger and to get more mature, so by taking the large fan leaves away u open up the plant to more sun, more budds!

Also the reason that the you must only do this @ the beginning of the flowering is as you say, photosynthesis, and you will notice the plant will grow the leaves it needs after that, and trust me there are so many that she does not grow many more!

She ends up putting allot of her energy in the budds! but once again this system really only works on outdoor seeing she is 2,2m high!

But i have usd it on indoor growing but i dont remove allot just the ones in the way of the buds!

But besides all the tek stuff.... What u think of them????

Nice chatting

Well we are all here to learn about new things :)

So if any1 has some advice or just a coment please im open to every1s thoughts and coments

stoned and away!

Ill try! abit stoned but i think i could manage that!

Well The Indicas are very thick with vegetation and if you look all over on line you will find many that complain about this! Now i Did read up allot before i started this system!

Now the MLI is an over vegetory plant but all the leaves on the tree are going to Photosynthesise, the fan leaves more than the others! but now I have a choice smaller buds or less leaves ;)

So i tryed this theory and dam it works, as you can see the plant in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd pic are the MLI a week after the cropping and the plant has replaced the leaves it needs and has not made anymore!

She Photosynthesises still the same just over smaller leaves.
I have read of some guyes that have taken all the leaves off... dumb asses.... but it also worked for them just there was allot of tannens in the smoking!

Thats also why i say u need to do this at the begining of the flowering and not at the end otherwise you will have a harsh smoke!

The point is that if more of the buds can see light and you still have enough photothinsises your ok, but be carefull you just want the large fan leaves to be removed... but once again this is all theretical science and there are some botany websights that will show you this.. but they too just say its theory.

I found it worked for me over the years, and remember some plants dont need this they are open enough... its only for the very vegetative ones, mainly Indicas...

But why dont you have a go at it with one plant and see if you can see a difference, good luck buddy

Smile and wave boys

Doc Haze,

:welcome: to MP :D

When you finish cutting off the fan leaves, do you notice a slump in veg growth? . . . just curious.

welcome to the forum...yeah we got a language policy ;)
makes sense on the "thinning" of the canopy on thick vegatative plants. I've seen em tight and thick and shade all inner sites. but you clearly say do not remove all of em...just thin them a bit. that does make sense. Seems like it would shade a lot. plus i notice on bushier plants that mold is more likely then on not so bushy ones. I wouldn't on plants that don't need it like sativas and stuff. but could see the theory. And you said had to be outdoors where the flower period is longer and has time to heal up without affecting yeild. I wouldn't do it indoors and be very selective which strain to do it on. but hate to say proof in the pudding with those trees. think his method is less evasive than taking cuttings. good growing.

Thanks Dr. Haze. Yes, the proof is in the pudding. It looks like you know what you're doing; your plants look great from where I sit.

Hay Go NAVY

No there is no slump in groth! Funny enough you notic a growth spurt!!!
very cool, in bud and in the leaf now and then!!

I am Dr Haze's luvvely assistant, and i must say, after thinning the leaves, the heads suddenly just POPPED into these giant, fat ones! Its really awesome watching this plant grow.

But we all know that its not just to look purrdy.... :G

SO im glad this technique works 4 u!!

Just remember after this you dont want to do it too often cos then the tree sends out tannens and this will make your weed harsh

But its cool the size the heads get!!

show me some pics of that plant!!
would love to see

Hay Guys and Girls!!

Sorry to keep you waiting 4 the More Pics

:holysheep: :hubba:

Its been worth IT!!!!

Here are the close ups after 3 weeks of flowering :hubba:

Well they have 3 more and it goes all up in smoke :D

So what yall think??????

Maple 5.JPG

Maple 4.JPG

Maple 6.JPG

Maple 7.JPG

Maple 8.JPG

Maple 9.JPG

Maple 10.JPG

Maple 11.JPG

Maple 12.JPG

Maple 13.JPG

Maple 14.JPG

Hay everyone!

Here are some more pics of my plant!
It is now in the 5th week of Flowering

so what yall think!! she is such a beut

:hubba:

:holysheep:

:hubba:

5 weeks flowering.JPG

5 weeks 10.JPG

5 weeks 9.JPG

5 weeks 8.JPG

5 weeks 7.JPG

5 weeks 6.JPG

5 weeks 5.JPG

5 weeks 4.JPG

5 weeks 2.JPG

5 weekks 3.JPG

sweet looking bush Dr. Haze. Love the colors that your getting!!!

:holysheep: carn't believe i just found this thread.
Awsome looking plants,,, scratch that, awsome looking trees man.
I have a new ambition, move to SA and grow my greenthere lol.
Got myself a new desktop background anyway

Hay yall!!

Well tomorrow is chop chop time

Im so exited....... Well wish me luck my baby is ready 4 manicuring and drying

Ill tell yall how she smokes!

Latest posts

Back