New Experiment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddogmutt

NOT ALLOWED
Reaction score
I've purchased 4-160w uv bulbs to add to the indoor....it's widely believed that marijuana produces THC as a protective coating for the plant..now, with uv light being harmful to the plant..the plant produces more THC to block those rays..my uv bulbs are on a separate timer for a 1 hr duration at 4 intervals..so every 3 hrs those uv lights will come on for one hr...I'll have to fine tune the uv exposure as time goes on...but we'll see how it goes...

Good day. There was a member on here that's done this.
A little different.
You will notice more frosting to the plant.
Uvb is harmful in extreme exposures. But you may find it beneficial in small increments. Or last 3-4 wks of 12/12.
LH.

LEFTHAND said:
Good day. There was a member on here that's done this.
A little different.
You will notice more frosting to the plant.
Uvb is harmful in extreme exposures. But you may find it beneficial in small increments. Or last 3-4 wks of 12/12.
LH.

That's the plan..it's set now for 1hr exposure every 3hrs of 12/12

It'll be interesting to see what kind of results you get :)

IMO i think UV lighting is not the way to go UV light has a smaller gap between each wave than visible light, which means more waves are passing per second. This gives UV high energy, making it more like an X-ray than a radio wave.
UV light affects plants cells. Ultra-violet radiation, particularly UVB, has been shown to be detrimental to plant cell function. UV causes damage to plant cells in the same way it tears through your skin, eventually causing sunburn. As a result of this damage, all plants have created defenses against UV in the form of gene UVR8.
Now to go over the genetic balance of millions of years of evolution our clouds and atmosphere blocking out most of the harmful radiation UV
Your actual bulb does produce some UV lighting by adding more IMO your looking for trouble

Ultraviolet light is used to kill bacteria and other microscopic life forms. Its deadly effect is not limited to microscopic organisms, though. UV light can alter the composition of materials and conditions needed for photosynthesis, the process plants used to grow.
If i were you GO PLASMA

What kind of "uv" bulbs you got.
They will only do you good if there putting out UVB
N recommend shutting them off anytime you are in your garden.
Since u are running them only n hr. I'd give that a week it two then start having them come on in middle or end or starting 4-6 hrs of 12/12. You should see some results.
LH.

LEFTHAND said:
What kind of "uv" bulbs you got.
They will only do you good if there putting out UVB
N recommend shutting them off anytime you are in your garden.
Since u are running them only n hr. I'd give that a week it two then start having them come on in middle or end or starting 4-6 hrs of 12/12. You should see some results.
LH.
Zoo med 160w power sun UVB heat bulbs....I told the guy in the reptile department what I wanted it for...and this is what I got...and thanks for the input

I use those bulbs for my lizard. Lol. They get toasty.
LH.

I try to not shine too much hot light on my lizard :eek: tends to make it shrink :hubba:

LEFTHAND said:
I use those bulbs for my lizard. Lol. They get toasty.
LH.

With the T5's in there...heat is okay...low 68.... High 86

You don't have any trouble with highs at 86f? My plants seem to stall when the temps get above 83f. I don't inject co2.

I was going to say 86 is when I panic in my little indoor grow.

Rosebud said:

my highs are 85-86 and all APPEARS excellent. i have really good circulation though. don't know if i could get EVEN BETTER w/ ac in basement. would not be easy.

That's the highest....and that depends on the weather outside...I shoot for 80-85 for my highs...and plants are growing weekly as you can see from pics...I know 77-78 is what most shoot for but I let the plant tell me...in my experience I've learned sativas like it a tad bit warmer...I feel it's more important to stay within 20' from low to high...and lows in high 60's are the lowest I like to go...77-78 (according to my plan) would have lows in the mid to high 50's...that I don't want..lows of mid 60's is the lowest I like to go..

Rosebud said:

If I hit 90 or above I adjust....but a day or two of high 80's I don't worry...may water more but other then that..I don't trip....

FYI....my lights come on @ 7pm...it's dark at 9pm...so actually I may be at that 85-86 for only the first two hrs lights are on...after 11pm...(2hrs of sundown) temps drop..and knowing the thermometer records the high...I have a high of 85/86.... That's not to say those are the constant temps...as night cools garage temps drop to 80-82 (in the tent) for the majority of 12/12...

buddogmutt said:
FYI....my lights come on @ 7pm...it's dark at 9pm...so actually I may be at that 85-86 for only the first two hrs lights are on...after 11pm...(2hrs of sundown) temps drop..and knowing the thermometer records the high...I have a high of 85/86.... That's not to say those are the constant temps...as night cools garage temps drop to 80-82 (in the tent) for the majority of 12/12...

duh?? i never thought of running lights after dark. geeze!:eek:

buddogmutt said:

can i switch my light schedule from 6 am. to 6 pm. ON to those same hours OFF w/ out any problems?? 7.5 weeks budding. thanks

Latest posts

Back