New growth coming out yellow(pics inside)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loko17

Reaction score
Hi,

This Super Skunk was planted in germination soil with very low NPK ratios and was overwatered at the beginning. After seeing very little growth and leaves getting yellow it was replanted to a mix of:
60% soil
10% sand
15% perlite
10% worm casting
5% chicken manure
and some dolomite lime and started growing nice and almost all yellow on leaves got green a until 2 days ago when new growth was yellow or even white when looked under HPS light.
Its under 600 W Hps and they are raised 60 cm above the plant. the temp is at 28C when lights on and 19C when off. Growroom is has circulating fan blowing during day and exaust fan on night and day.
Humidity is between 15% and 40% and I cant make it any more stable. I wet 6 large towels and hang them in the XXL growbox.It seems to help the most.
I've tried a humidifier but saw no increase of humidity.

It is being watered with Ph water @ 6.5 which was lowered from 8.5 using
ph down bloom.

Any ideas what that could be? Thanks in advance.

IMG_3968.jpg

IMG_3974.jpg

ph down bloom...as a fertilizer?

if you have fed any i would give her a good watering next time ,she needs it...i think its overfert. i would flush with atleast 2X the amount of water to soil to rid the excess nutes.that soil is pretty rich in nutrients for a weee plant and you might not need to feed for a while yet. might want to raise the light a lil more just in case, although i know the yellowing isnt from the lights intensity. if you have the room, 600s are strong!. temps are ok inbetween 65-85F during day and a lil cooler at night any higher or lower and they can get stunted. i prefer a nice 75 -78F degrees.

goodluck

Not as fertilizer. It is a ph down solution but recomended for flowering since its beneficial to plants as it has phosphoric acid insead of nitric acid which is more beneficial for vegging.
Trillions let me ask you. Could a jump in water's ph from 6.5 to 7.4 that im using to water them if soils ph stays at 6.5 to 6.8 do that to plants?

yeah the ph will fluctuate naturally as long as you dont tgo to far over 7 then yer ok...7.4 is high so keep the ph in the container around 6.4-6.5 sand your golden. the ph down i understand now- as long as you didnt fert then yer good....it could be nute issue anyway as there yellowing from the tip and edges, a sign that theres usually a nute problem. it could just be the high ph as well.

have u fed anything?

how much dolomite lime did u use and was it pelletizied or powdered?

Latest posts

Back