New growth yellow??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed hydrohut and this is the response I got back when I asked about the plastic killing the plants:

"We are aware of a problem and we are on course to solve the matter. However, due to continual lying about the origin of the problem in China, we have been a two goose chases for the last several months for nothing and this has in turn, only made the problem worse.

At this point, the only safe course of action I can give to you is to not use the Hut and return it. The pole issue seems not be an issue. It was a red herring thrown at us from the actual culprit. I sincerely apologize for all of the problems this has caused you."

Joseph

So there ya go, I went through the same nightmare and found other posts on other forums as well. IT IS THE PLASTIC ON SOME HUTS!

BulldogEatingMayo said:
So there ya go, I went through the same nightmare and found other posts on other forums as well. IT IS THE PLASTIC ON SOME HUTS!

Thanks for sharing that information with all of us.

I didn't mean to upset you. The advice I offer here is based on my own observations after more than 40 years of growing marijuana.

I see that the problem with the plastic is a real problem and affects a lot of growers.

What I'm trying of offer the original poster is another possibility that may be the problem with his grow.

Please accept my apology for any harm you've felt that I've done you. I surely didn't mean to upset you or in any way say that you were not correct in what you think.

I'm not sure if I understand why you got so upset, but it seems that you have become upset.

Please read the disclaimer that I'm put at the bottom of each of my posts. It explains that anything and everything that I post is my opinion and may be disregarded totally by anyone who disagrees with it.

Once again, let me be perfectly clear with you; I meant no harm in what I said. I was pointing out that the mix of nutrients that this person did was almost sure to be the problem with his plants.

The evidence of this is attached to this message. This is what is printed on each bottle of the nutrient that he's using. Honest, I'm not making this up.

Once again, please accept my apology for any harm you feel I've done to you in posting something that isn't exactly what you think is correct. These things happen on discussion groups like this and are pretty much unavoidable.

You may be entirely correct in stating that the plastic may be a problem with his grow as well. Sometimes, there is more than one cause for a problem.

Thank you for considering my point of view on this issue and again, I meant no harm to you in stating what I felt to be the problem.

FloraMicroLockout.JPG

Stoney Bud said:
Now that he's explained that he was adding the Micro Nutes in the wrong order, it's a sure thing that it was the cause. The warning not to do so is right on every bottle of the stuff that is made.

However, the problem you're having sounds more like a mold problem. Did you try to wipe the inside of the plastic down with a mild bleach solution before removing it?

No, no, no :eek: , you read my post wrong (if you go back and read my order, it was fine). I was adding the micro in the correct order.

Also, I don't think anyone got mad at you stoney bud, it's just another theory which sounds good because I went through 3 batches all with the same result - yellowing. I just want to to say thanks to everyone for their inputs!!

BudMeister said:
No, no, no :eek: , you read my post wrong (if you go back and read my order, it was fine). I was adding the micro in the correct order.

I did misunderstand you. Thanks for clearing that up.

huh? I wasn't upset at all. I'm sorry if I gave that impression. The yellowing I had was identical to bud's and I found a nine page thread on another forum where somebody had the same thing. All three of us use the huts and I spoke to the company today. They're aware of the problem. Apparently some of the tents weren't cured correctly and they are now recalling all of their tents because they can't even tell which ones are good and which are bad.

Here's a link to the thread I was talking about. They eventually realized it was the tent too.

http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/172840-worlds-strangest-mj-problem.html

Good luck!

Man this is a drag! Makes sense though, I've killed at least 25 plants ranging from clones to actual full blown plants my friend donated for science. I'm going to contact HydroWholesale (and HydroHut) and see what they say??

Thanks again everyone!! I'll let you know what they say???

OK here is the scoop with my contact with HydroHut. I emailed them yesterday and this was their response to me:

We are having a problem on some units, not all and we don't know exactly why yet. I will send you a new Mini.

When you get it, I want you to wipe down the walls with rubbing alcohol. Nothing fancy, just a quick wipe with plenty of alcohol.

If you do not wish to go down this road, you can take the Hut back and get a refund and we'll reimburse the store through the distributor.

So, I asked him to send me a new Hut (MiniHut is what I have) :D

I'll keep ya'll posted on my progress! Happy New Year!!

Happy New Years!!

Good news, like I said I contacted HydroHut and they sent me a new complete Hut. I receievd it Friday Jan 4th! That was quick and gracious of them. Great customer service! Got in about 5 days after contacting them. So, thumbs up to HydroHut :yay:

Does anyone what kind of toxins are involved here? I've got a bronchial infection and wonder if the hut contributed in any way

:cool: HydroHut just emailed me and here it is:

I am no longer confident that the hut you just received will solve the problem. The poles turned out to be a false positive in the testing. They are not the culprit.

Because we are still working on the problem, and I cannot send you something that I know fore sure will work, I recommend that you return your original Hut to where you purchased it and that you just hold onto the new one until we find a cure. We will find a cure.

The ingredients in the plastic ALL conform to EPA standards. We checked. There is no danger to you. There is no danger to most plants, only certain plants react negatively.

Latest posts

Back