New here, new in general...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeedthePeople

Reaction score
Hello all,

Like the title says... I'm new. I am blown away by this site. I had no idea a place like this existed. Pretty cool. I hope to learn all I need to know to grow a little weed for my own personal use. I haven't smoked in years and the missus asked about it the other day... got the wheels to turning.
I have been lurking some and using the search function but I do have a few questions up front... not sure where I should ask them.

Is buying seeds from a website really safe? I know, it is sad that I am paranoid and I am not even high. That just seems bizarre to me. Can I really feel confident ordering seeds from someplace? amazing, but it would be great seeings how I dont really want to ask anyone I know (at work) for some seeds. (then they'll be asking me how the plants are doing and more than likely blab it to someone else that I am growing weed..etc etc)

Should I really not plant the stuff on my own property(20 acres of jungle and pasture mix)? I can regulate my own turf and keep it in a place no one will find it(from the ground). But if it is on someone else's property, no way. I am talking a couple of plants.

Does all good weed have to smell like a skunk? Can someone advise a good seed/strain that doesn't have much smell? (in case I want to grow indoors? I have a large basement.)

Last question: How advanced are the detection devices used by helicopters? I'm talking a couple of plants in as dense of vegetation as needed.

Hello again and sorry for the questions. Should I ask them in different threads? Please tell me if so.

Thanks.

"Weed the People, in order to form a more perfect union, hereby legalize weed!"

hello and welcome to mp and i agree it is a great place :hubba: take a look in the seed bank section for diffrent types of strains some smell stronger than others and a lots of people order over the net you could allways have them sent to a diffrent address ,,and 1 or 2 plants should be easy enough to hide in that large garden of yours :48:
hopefully some one else will be able to give you more specific answers to your questions untill then good luck and hope to see your new grow up and running soon :peace:

Hello and welcome

Is buying seeds from a website really safe?
Use a prepaid credit card and a non gow house address. Don't use your real email. The danger lies in the servers being seized, most banks are not in the US so why worry too much about that part. Just make sure you use a alias and a different address.

Should I really not plant the stuff on my own property(20 acres of jungle and pasture mix)? I can regulate my own turf and keep it in a place no one will find it(from the ground). But if it is on someone else's property, no way. I am talking a couple of plants.
This depends and I would rather not say I don't know your situation. But I will say it's not hard to hide.

Last question: How advanced are the detection devices used by helicopters? I'm talking a couple of plants in as dense of vegetation as needed.
Don't know, do you have them around you, the helis that is? I know here they usually hit the parks and wooded areas.

welcome . . . i would have to say out of all the hundred's of boards i go on . . this place is the most helpful and politest board I've came across.

Welcome Weed the people. This is a great site and there's lots of people who can help you with your questions- but I'm not one of them! LOL. The only question I can help you with is that it is easy to hide- I've had them in my yard in flower beds and nobody's ever noticed (don't let them get too tall)- even people who are looking at the gardens! Good luck to you.

Also I have heard of people putting plants up in trees LOL too funny but it works. Good luck with it and have some fun...one warning growing is very addictive and may change your life for the better LOL.

snuggles said:
Don't know, do you have them around you, the helis that is? I know here they usually hit the parks and wooded areas.

When I first moved here, several years ago, helicopters were very frequent. Not so much anymore, but ocassionally. I always wonder if they are looking for weed. Heli detection(infrared?)is basically the only way they would be detected. To my knowledge there has never been a bust anywhere around here, although I am surrounded by about 500 acres of dense woods.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

snuggles said:
Is buying seeds from a website really safe?
Use a prepaid credit card and a non gow house address. Don't use your real email. The danger lies in the servers being seized, most banks are not in the US so why worry too much about that part. Just make sure you use a alias and a different address.

Man, I suck at this kinda stuff.:cool: I am now thinking back about what I have done the last few days. I don't think I have screwed up yet though.
So now I have to get a bogus email and find someone to recieve an illegal package for me. lol, Piece of Cake!. :eek: Thanks very much for the info/tips, I may be too stupid for this hobby.;)

WeedthePeople said:
Man, I suck at this kinda stuff.:cool: I am now thinking back about what I have done the last few days. I don't think I have screwed up yet though.
So now I have to get a bogus email and find someone to recieve an illegal package for me. lol, Piece of Cake!. :eek: Thanks very much for the info/tips, I may be too stupid for this hobby.;)

Just open up a manual, and pick a name Pauline Bennery for instance, check google for information about this person, make some information up, and take an email, create a paypal account then last thing is to get a friend to take a package or your own adress other than your growing adress, it is easy...

slowmo77 said:
welcome. I would say to try out some bagseeds, before you invest time and money you wanna know you can grow them. good luck

That's a great idea. I'll see if one of my coworkers knows someone to get seeds from. I haven't bought any weed for many years, so I haven't had any seeds lately. But thanks for the suggestion. I need practice I'm sure. As far as the investment, I just quit my last hobby, saltwater aquariums and I still have the MHs and other crap that might come in handy. I'm excited about this new venture, just wish I was a little less noob and more savy. I'll keep reading up on here.

Thanks again for the replies EVERYONE!

Cornellius said:
Just open up a manual, and pick a name Pauline Bennery for instance, check google for information about this person, make some information up, and take an email, create a paypal account then last thing is to get a friend to take a package or your own adress other than your growing adress, it is easy...

Okay, thanks, I'll put some thought on that. btw, what's a manual?

can i just make up a msn email addy? or something similar?

I only have one address so I'll have to find someone to get the package. Can I assume(hate that word) that they dont have MARIJUANA INSIDE on the package? lol.

Thanks people. WEED THE PEOPLE!

WeedthePeople said:
I've never taken these security precautions and have never had any legal trouble in my life. I'm not saying snuggles is wrong but it all depends on what level of security you feel comfortable with. I will never understand why people think they will get caught by buying some seeds from a reputable company located in a place where seeds are completely legal... I would very much be open to hearing the possible risks of it though!

From the way I see it, it actually seems like a less secure method. By shipping seeds to a friend's house, that means one more person knows that you're growing that doesn't need to know. Not to mention it's like saying to your friend, "I don't want this risk so I'm handing it over to you". :rolleyes:

Whichever method of buying seeds you choose, as long as it's from a reputable company, I'm confident you will have nothing to worry about.

By the way, Welcome to MP! ;)

IllusionalFate said:
I've never taken these security precautions and have never had any legal trouble in my life. I'm not saying snuggles is wrong but it all depends on what level of security you feel comfortable with. I will never understand why people think they will get caught by buying some seeds from a reputable company located in a place where seeds are completely legal... I would very much be open to hearing the possible risks of it though!

From the way I see it, it actually seems like a less secure method. By shipping seeds to a friend's house, that means one more person knows that you're growing that doesn't need to know. Not to mention it's like saying to your friend, "I don't want this risk so I'm handing it over to you". :rolleyes:

Whichever method of buying seeds you choose, as long as it's from a reputable company, I'm confident you will have nothing to worry about.

By the way, Welcome to MP! ;)

Illusional, do you live in the US? Is drchronic outside the US? Do they sell seeds other than mj seeds? If the seed company was outside the US, I would think it would be hard for someone(US gov) to get their records and track down the buyers. ??? Does that make sense?
I realize I have a lot more research to do, and drchronic just stuck in my head from what I have been reading.

Thanks

WeedthePeople said:
Illusional, do you live in the US? Is drchronic outside the US? Do they sell seeds other than mj seeds? If the seed company was outside the US, I would think it would be hard for someone(US gov) to get their records and track down the buyers. ??? Does that make sense?
I realize I have a lot more research to do, and drchronic just stuck in my head from what I have been reading.

Thanks
Yes, I live in the US. Drchronic is located in the UK where cannabis seeds are legal, and I don't believe they sell any other kinds of seeds but I'm not 100% sure. I doubt they do since all I can find is cannabis seeds on the site.

I too think the US government wouldn't have access to those records, but I also think even if they did they wouldn't have the will to do anything with it. Seems like a lot of work and wasted time for some arrests that most likely won't even materialize.

Latest posts

Back