new home. different setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkymonkey27

Reaction score
I have always used a cabinet that I built. 2'(depth) x 3'(w) x 8'(h)
it had two chambers one 3' height and the other 5'. one for my plants in veg and the other for my flowering plants. I used a sea of green type method, and it always worked quite well. I vented the hot air out through a window.

I have recently moved though to a new home and I would rather not have ducting running across the room.

heres my question. if all i do is vent the hot air into the room that the cabinet is in. will it heat up the room too much? its in a bedroom.

If it would be ok, I would put a carbon filter on the exhaust so it wouldnt smell to bad.

any thoughts would be appreciated. :)

Hey monkey. IMO if your using anything 400 watts or under. Just vent it into the room. Although I speek thinking everyone in the world is from the same places :D If your in a hot climate like the bahamas, Florida, California, Texas, Alaska-(just joking), where it's hot all year round. With even a 400 you will probably not be very comfortable if it's venting into a room you are usually in. Like having a heater on in the summer:eek: .

Good Luck.

FP:cool:

hey. thxs bro. Ive just never vented into a room before. so i had no clue how much heat it could produce.

and the temp in my house is always around 65 F

Latest posts

Back