new L.E.D hood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maverick

Reaction score
do you think this would be better than MH or HPS i know it would save alot of power and there would be little or no heat but would it make your crop more sweet...?? New_Cool_400_Hood_Bulbs_lit_tilted_upwards.jpg

From what I've looked up on them it depends on the spectrum, but in general they only hit the peak spectrums for light absorbtion for both flowering and veg. Almost no heat so you can put them as close as you want to. I've read that you could even touch them to the plant and it wouldn't burn, but I wouldn't be willing to test that personally. If I could afford them I'd get them, but thats my personal preference. I think it's because they're kind of sci-fi and interesting to me more than anything else though. There are some led grows in the journals go check them out and see what you think.

youngbud said:
From what I've looked up on them it depends on the spectrum, but in general they only hit the peak spectrums for light absorbtion for both flowering and veg. Almost no heat so you can put them as close as you want to. I've read that you could even touch them to the plant and it wouldn't burn, but I wouldn't be willing to test that personally. If I could afford them I'd get them, but thats my personal preference. I think it's because they're kind of sci-fi and interesting to me more than anything else though. There are some led grows in the journals go check them out and see what you think.
lol i agree look like something of the enterprise

Last I checked, that one cost about $1200.00. That is a little out of my price range for something I've never seen grow weed. ;)

Beam me up Scottie! *weird space noises begin to play*

LED is interesting technology and the experiments have proven they work.. but 200 for a 600w setup vs 1200 for an inequivalent led setup is a pretty easy decision.. Also, LED's have awful light spread in comparison to HID bulbs.

Latest posts

Back