new op

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eskodaboss

Reaction score
hey wats up every one just curious but is it possible to do 6000 watts in a bed room thats 12 x 12 and what would the average yield be around, and one more question is it expensive to get a bigger breaker installed to handle that amount of power including ac etc ?

No on the breaker. And if you have to ask yourself what will the average yield be w/ 6k watts. Your not ready for 6k watts. Work with what you have now. When you get to 1g per watt, as in 1000 watts yielded 1k grams. Then mirror that and add more.

6000w grow!!! How big yur pouch pig ooops ment pilgrem LOL I reckon I just be content with supply me 700watts I be workin with. Good luck yur grow friend hope yual yield yur need.

BWD

If you're talking 120V circuitry, just the lights are gonna pull 50 amps . . . and then you need A/C too, exhaust fans, etc. . . . so you're gonna need "a lot" more than just a bigger breaker, you would need up to three 30 amp circuits to run that gear safely !! If you can't figure that out by yourself, then it sounds to me like you're getting in over your head . . . I agree with chef's advice - and BWD's comments also;)

You can rip a massive yield out of two 1k watt lights from what I've seen on the grows here... 6k watts to me seems like a big expensive operation... Like everyone said work into it you may not need to go as big as you think... just remember don't steal power and you should be fine. Plus if you went from nothing to running 7k watts(vans and cooling equip included) all at once might throw up a red flag at ur power company. I'm only going to be running a 600W in a 2ftx6ftx8ft room.. I'll be happy with 300grams to start out.

Hey esko what is the biggest indoor grow that you hve done so far? I wld heed these guys warnings. As for yield...that's something that is impossible to predict. If your room is truly dialed in you shld pull around a gram a watt....jmo

On the breaker question....be aware that you cannot just put larger breakers in. The wire gauge has to be sufficient to handle the amperage that you want to run. Since electricians generally do not run a bigger wire than necessary, you probably are not going to be able to simply put a larger breaker in. It almost certainly will require you running a new circuit. Your A/C is going to have to be quite large to cool 6000W in the summer.

Are those little water cooled air duct things any good? (of course hooked up to a water chiller and res. If they're good that might help if you put one in between each hood or every other hood...

If I wasnt clear in what I was talking about here he link to one.

hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/hydrogen-inch-ice-box-water-cooled-heat-exchanger-p-2791.html

don't hijack the guys thread . . . we're trying to keep him from burning his house down

The cost of water cooled hoods and water chillers would be quite high. Also, I am quite sure that the cost of operating a water chiller is quite a bit more than operating more fans.

nouvellechef said:
No on the breaker. And if you have to ask yourself what will the average yield be w/ 6k watts. Your not ready for 6k watts. Work with what you have now. When you get to 1g per watt, as in 1000 watts yielded 1k grams. Then mirror that and add more.

i had in mind 1k per watt, i wanted to hear other opinions and exp others had with a 6k grow, im on my second grow 8 plants which i had vegging under a 600 watt mh now i have in flower under hps running advance nutes. my first grow i harvested about 6 ounces from 4 plants with a 400 and terrible conditions.

OK. I'll answer your questions first, but take a listen on what else I have to say, I've done this myself.

Yield if you're doing EVERYTHING PERFECTLY, 2lbs per 1000W. Actual yield probably much lower

It cost me $300 to pay a trusted electrician to deal with installation of circuit and wiring up to lighting controller.

1st problem: NO go in the bedroom. It does not have proper electrical capacity. Depending on what the amp capacity of the main line and the subpanel is in the house, you may be able to do something like this in a large garage.

I ran an 8k flowering room using 240V. Only needed a 40 amp circuit installed for the flowering room. BUT, it was an industrial space with 200 amp subpanel and 600 amp main.

2nd problem: Ventilation...you're gonna have cut giant holes in your bedroom wall to get enough air moving. Otherwise get a heavyweight AC unit and run CO2, and pay the 300% increase in electricity bill.

Dan K. Liberty said:
don't hijack the guys thread . . . we're trying to keep him from burning his house down

I was just addressing a possible solution to the heat problem if he were to go ahead and do everything correctly on his electricity; not tryin to hijack.

And with what green said 240V is like what your washer and dryer run on in your home. But with how much power that op will take and with the risk of burning your home down, I dont think its a smart idea to jump right into it going from $200-$500 for a regular payment to $1000 a month ,within one or two billing cycles would be huge.

I would start with a 1k watt hps for flowering and a good T5 fixture for veg with good ventilation.

I understand that you're trying to be helpful, TSBS . . . and I'm sorry, didn't mean to be so abrupt . . . but if this guy goes and throws in even a 30 amp breaker on 14 gauge wire and tries to run even 3K watts on it, he's gonna need "a lot" more than a res chiller to fight the heat that would be created in that scenario . . . . greenfriend is a friend indeed for advising that this idea is not a good one

People see a QP come off a few plants and they get stars in their eyes and want a garbage bag full, but reality dictates that we protect ourselves from making big (even fatal) mistakes. Couple years ago, a guy not too far from me died from electrocution while trying to wire up a grow space by himself . . . so everybody please just be careful and don't try to bite off more than you can safely chew

Like I be sayin anymore then fillin yur own need to yur own pouch be more then yual need, but thats just me guess. I dont understands the folk who need 30 pounds at a time when all I can smoke at a time is a single pipe full and to knows I got enough to fill it gain tomorrow ;) Thats all I need. Hope yur trails all end safe when yual walkin them.

BWD

Liberty no need to apologize I'm glad people here look out for others! Safety is my number one concern. No matter how many plants there is it's never worth a life or home.

since this is gonna be a legal grow im going to get a prof electrician to do all installations and upgrades, on the other hand im just researching whats the best strains to grow for yield n potency. I know that i can do it, it will take a llot of time n dedication but im going to try no matter what . Im hoping to start out with 5k in dec and work my way up to 8k by june. any one willing to drop me some info on any of this lemme know.

Dan K. Liberty said:
I understand that you're trying to be helpful, TSBS . . . and I'm sorry, didn't mean to be so abrupt . . . but if this guy goes and throws in even a 30 amp breaker on 14 gauge wire and tries to run even 3K watts on it, he's gonna need "a lot" more than a res chiller to fight the heat that would be created in that scenario . . . . greenfriend is a friend indeed for advising that this idea is not a good one

People see a QP come off a few plants and they get stars in their eyes and want a garbage bag full, but reality dictates that we protect ourselves from making big (even fatal) mistakes. Couple years ago, a guy not too far from me died from electrocution while trying to wire up a grow space by himself . . . so everybody please just be careful and don't try to bite off more than you can safely chew

hey bro, i was never planning on installing anything by myself i just needed to hear others opinion on pricing and so on, i dont wanna spend 3000 bucks then to find out i coulda gotten it done for 500 bucks, just like when i was younger playing with hondas id pay 2000 bucks for a job then to find out it was only worth 1000 been through that to much lol

Latest posts

Back