newbie neds venting help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drambouie

Reaction score
i have a 3" 50 cfm exhaust fan sucking hot air out the top of grow room and a 4" tube from the attic bringing cool air to the bottom of room for circulation, i was hoping the fan would suk* hot air out the top and negative pressure caused by the fan would suk* cool air from the tube. it seems to just suk* all the warm air from my house (verry little from the tube) and lower my temps in the house. the room isnt sealed, do i just need to add another fan to blow air into the tube from the attick or *suk it from the attick?

My guess would be the air resistance in the tube is more than your fan is pushing/pulling. If you really want to move some air get a bigger inline fan, make or buy a reducer and really push/pull it from one end of the tube or the other.

in the tube i have no inline fan, i was wondering if i should add the exact size exhaust fan to it to blow some air through the tube. that way ill have 2 fans the same size, 1 blowing in 1 suking out. u think tha would help? this way im not creating negative pressure and sukin out all the heat from my house

the more efficient, my guesse would be to pull the air from the attic. Sealing the room would benefit too.

Hick said:
the more efficient, my guesse would be to pull the air from the attic. Sealing the room would benefit too.

Yup... easier to pull air then push it... it creates a vaccum in the tube and has to move through it.... this of course only works to a point... then u need a bigger, higher cfm fan...
On another note... I just bought a fantech 4" vortex fan.... gorgeous fan... soooo quiet... polished dust finish and moves air pretty damn well too.

A vortex is really what I was thinking of when I said "inline" fan too, I should have specified. Those things rock the air.

home depot has a 4" inline fan about 40-80cmf for 24 bucks or a 3" exhaust fan 50cmf for 12 bucks. i already use a 3" one, should i get a second exhaust fan or an inline fan? which would work better? just the 3 incher now keeps temps at 85 steady. the 4" tube i have runs from the attick and would be able to bring down some cold air. venting hot air into the attick, would this throw off house temps?

Latest posts

Back