Newbie questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifsixwasnin9

Reaction score
I've never tried growing mj and I have several curious questions about hash:
1. How much bud (?) do you need to attempt at making a very small amount of hash or the bud amount needed to make it worth your while? (Can you express it in ounces?). I plan on growing only a very small number of plants (closet size) which is why I ask.
2.After the hash is made does it need to sit for any period of time to make smoking easier (eg. need to dry out somewhat due to excessive moisture, etc.?). And if so, what is the proper environment to let it age?
3. Does the high change the longer the hash ages? (Maybe that's dependant on the strain characteristics?)
I only dabbled several times with hash and it seemed neither too dry nor too moist. Just right. And was easy to smoke and extremely smooth.
Thanks.

ifsixwasnin9 said:
I've never tried growing mj and I have several curious questions about hash:
1. How much bud (?) do you need to attempt at making a very small amount of hash or the bud amount needed to make it worth your while? (Can you express it in ounces?). I plan on growing only a very small number of plants (closet size) which is why I ask.

i hope you dont think i am stealing the thread, but i am wondering also

but to help make it a little clearer, what would the weight be dry or wet leaves

I use Bubble Bags in a 5 gallon bucket.

4 oz of leaf will make about 1/4 oz of hash. And it is really good stuff!

Check out the Bubble Bags thread and get yourself going. I do 2 or 3 batches at a time and wind up with almost an OZ of nice brown hash. Mmmmm..M! :holysheep:

Good luck.

J

PS: Dry leaf, not wet! A good chilling in the freezer helps.

Latest posts

Back