Advertise On Marijuana Passion

newbie wanna grow for first time

jimmy187

New Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Dears,

i know you got millions of these questions , which is how can i grow indoor ?

honestly i live in very very hot country avg, is 50-40"C in the summer , and i'm planning to grow indoor , i have blueberry from dutch passion and northern light from royal seeds, i never grow anything in my life , i've seen many videos , tutorial and magazine , and i totally lost , which is easy way 2 grow with little equipments and guarantees result ,

Thanks in advance,
 
W

woodydude

Guest
Whew!
First of all, welcome to MP, you found the best place to learn on the web!

The list of things you will need, want etc is extremely long but to begin with, read all the stickies on the various threads to get a bit of background knowledge, no matter how much you think you have learned by watching vids etc, trust me, you have done enough to get motivated enough to buy some seeds. This is a good thing!
Some will say get as much knowledge as you can before you start but if you did that, you would never begin! Jumping in and making a start is the quickest way to learn IMHO (In my humble opinion)

The following is based on you having stores locally where you can buy stuff for growing such as garden centres, if not, mail order may be a posability but that depends on the country you live in.

So where to start? With your space of course.
Working out your planned space will tell you how much lighting and ventilation you will need. It will also give you an idea how many plants you can grow.
Then decide what method. Many new growers go for soil. Personally I find soil a PITA (pain in the a$$) and prefer hydro. DWC is probably the simplest hydroponics set up and can give fantastic results by following a few simple guidelines. Once your method is sorted out, this will tell you which branch of nutrients to go for, Canna, General Hydroponics, Advanced Nutrients, Ionic, Dutch Pro, Fox Farms etc, they all sell nutrients for a range of methods and all will give you good results, in the end it will come down to personal preference once you have a few grows behind you.

The most basic setup to get you growing with the seeds you have quickly would be to crack the seeds and put them in soil under a CFL (Compact Flourescent Light) once you have some growth, you will need better lighting, then nutrients etc but it will get you started quickly and cheaply.

Not sure if any of this helps or is a hinderance but green mojo to you Jimmy. W
 

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
23,149
Reaction score
6,226
Hi Jimmy, I wish there was an easy answer, but there is no way that I know of that is easy with little equipment and with guaranteed results. Keep reading the growing resources and figure out how you want to grow, dirt, hydro, etc.
Good luck. Others will come by too.
 

jimmy187

New Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
woow!! what a fast respond!! love you guys ,,, thank you very much i appreciate it , will read more and when i stick in something diff ill get back 2u :)

Cheeers !!
 

nova564t

I am my own caregiver
Joined
Jan 15, 2011
Messages
768
Reaction score
37
Do you have a local source for grow supplies, lights, nutes? How are the laws regarding MJ in your country? How big or small is your budget?
 

spoow

Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2011
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
nova564t said:
Do you have a local source for grow supplies, How big or small is your budget?
acutely me jimmy wanna grow , for first time , we have different places to grow , even diff budget , anyhow regarding the supplies we have 2 option order online or we might have some in our country , but i don't know what we need?

our rooms temperature is between 18 to 25'C we use central A/C in our home ,

looking fwd for your kind help guys :)
 

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud
Joined
Mar 27, 2011
Messages
6,441
Reaction score
289
Ther are multiple methods and endless supplies that yu can choose from. If yu can get access to the supplies that yu will need then the next step would be to decide how big yu want yer grow to be. Do yu have a 3mx3m room that yu want to fill and are looking to grow pounds of bud?:eek: or just a small closet and are hoping to grow enough smoke for yerself. This consideration is important as it greatly affects what and how yu do things. If yu just want to grow a couple of plants and yu have a space like a closet or small room that yu can convert to use for growing, then that can be fairly easy to do.:cool:

There are some things that yu will have to decide on, and each of these is fairly involved and related to the others.
:) first is what kind of medium do yu want to use. Some of us here like using soil. If yu want to use soil then yu will need to get the proper soil that will support the needs of the marijuana plant. Yu cant just go out in the yard and scrape up soil and expect it to work well....Others of us like to use soilless medium (also known as hydroponic). If yu go that route then yu will have to decide which soiless medium to use and then determine the nutrients that will support the plant in that medium.
:) The second thing is directly connected to the first, and that is what kind of supporting system will yu use. This can be as simple as 1-5litre pots or "grow bags" into which yu would put soil and plant yer seeds, then water manually with a handheld watering source... Or if yu want to go the hydro method yu will want to look at the various methods of using "netpots" which will hold the plant in the soilless medium either above the water source as in DWC or in a modified drip system; both will more automate the watering and nutrient delivery, but require a different set of supplies and specialized nutrients (that can get pricey the bigger yu make yer grow).
:) The third consideration is your source of light for yer grow. This can get very involved and expensive depending on how big yer grow is. MJ is very sensitive to the light that yu supply it. The least expensive light source is the sun, but if yu don't plan on growing outside (as yu said earlier due to the heat where yu live) then yu will need to consider a few options...Yu can purchase autoflowering plants that will only need light for vegetative growth. Or (since yu already have some seeds that are not autoflowering) then yu will need a light source that will support yer plant during both the veg stage and during the flowering stage. This is where it can get real involved as most of us here have really gotten into the nuts and bolts of growing under very specific conditions...If yu are wanting to just grow some smoke then yu can buy 1 600watt High pressure sodium lamp and fixture. This can be connected to a timer so that yu can control the on and off times to simulate day and night for the plant. Or yu can get more involved (which will improve yer yeild) and start out with either Metal Halide lamp (in the same fixture if the ballast supports it), or yu can start with Flourescent lighting and finish with HPS, or yu can run flourescent from beginning to finish. For any of these yu must look carefully into the particulars of using them effectively and safely.
:) Finally, yu come full circle back to yer growspace... Here yu will need to determine the area that is to be lighted as this directly affects how much light yu must have, (yu can't hang one 600w hps in a 10'x10' room and expect it to work well for growing 20 plants)...yu will have to consider the height of yer space and how tall yer plants will grow...Yu will have to look at supplying enough electricity to the space to support the lights, fans, pumps, exaust fans, timers, etc...Yu will have to look at getting supplies and water to yer grow while at the same time making sure that all light is either contained within the growspace for the plants or blocked out of the growspace for the flowering cycle...Yu will have to consider the amount of ventilation that yu need for yer growspace as both the plants and the lights need lots of fresh air. Ventilation of heated air from the lighting is a must as the HID lighting gets quite hot (as does the CFL). This air will have to be removed and either exausted out of yer house entirely or returned to yer AC system to be cooled.
:eek: If this seems like a lot to consider, it is, and it can get a lot more involved from there. (I'm not trying to scare yu as it can be fairly simple too) Yu just have to look at it carefully and become as informed as yu can be in the direction yu want to go. I say this so that yu don't waste a lot of time, money and energy and end up disapointed. :) Good luck and good grow mojo
 
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
19,438
Reaction score
8,292
I generally figure that we need to start with the budget first. THAT will decide the size of the grow space, which is then your next consideration. Every other decision stems from these two things. You can get great results from a small grow.
 

jimmy187

New Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hey Hushpuppy!! thanks for your kind reply!! i'm still reading and stuff so i can get back 2u soon with full info ,

The Hemp, i don't think budget is really big issue for me , what i need is grow for myself so i think 400 grams per year would be more than enough , regarding the size i think have place small then 200cmX200cm , and jimmy is looking for place to grow ,

love you guys! ur really amazing!! before this forum i was not thinking of grow but now i totally changed my mind!!

happy day all x
 

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud
Joined
Mar 27, 2011
Messages
6,441
Reaction score
289
The Hemp Goddess said:
I generally figure that we need to start with the budget first. THAT will decide the size of the grow space, which is then your next consideration. Every other decision stems from these two things. You can get great results from a small grow.
:doh: Darn!! I knew I was forgettin somethin!lol:doh: :)
 

spoow

Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2011
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
guys does the environment for indoor soil or soiless "Hydroponics," should be same? i would start of what i need to grow small plant with 1.5x1 meters

ill take it step by step to understand more and more :)
 
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
19,438
Reaction score
8,292
spoow said:
guys does the environment for indoor soil or soiless "Hydroponics," should be same? i would start of what i need to grow small plant with 1.5x1 meters

ill take it step by step to understand more and more :)
LOL--a 1.5 x 1 meter space (over 16 sq ft) is not a small space and is going to take some bucks to set up. If you shop well and find good buys, you can probably do it for around $600-$800 (USD):

Light-$200-300
Fan, speed controller, ducting, filter-$200-300
Medium, pots, nutes, meters, timers-$100-300

When I think of a small grow, I think of something like 60 cm x 60 cm (around 2' x 2') which can usually be set up very well for real reasonable. I had a 2 x 2 space that I set up with garage sale finds and DIY stuff for under $50.

Hydro takes the same environment as soil grows.
 

Hungarian Gypsy

Cosmo Kush is the best!
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
191
Reaction score
4
woodydude said:
Whew!
First of all, welcome to MP, you found the best place to learn on the web!

The list of things you will need, want etc is extremely long but to begin with, read all the stickies on the various threads to get a bit of background knowledge, no matter how much you think you have learned by watching vids etc, trust me, you have done enough to get motivated enough to buy some seeds. This is a good thing!
Some will say get as much knowledge as you can before you start but if you did that, you would never begin! Jumping in and making a start is the quickest way to learn IMHO (In my humble opinion)

The following is based on you having stores locally where you can buy stuff for growing such as garden centres, if not, mail order may be a posability but that depends on the country you live in.

So where to start? With your space of course.
Working out your planned space will tell you how much lighting and ventilation you will need. It will also give you an idea how many plants you can grow.
Then decide what method. Many new growers go for soil. Personally I find soil a PITA (pain in the a$$) and prefer hydro. DWC is probably the simplest hydroponics set up and can give fantastic results by following a few simple guidelines. Once your method is sorted out, this will tell you which branch of nutrients to go for, Canna, General Hydroponics, Advanced Nutrients, Ionic, Dutch Pro, Fox Farms etc, they all sell nutrients for a range of methods and all will give you good results, in the end it will come down to personal preference once you have a few grows behind you.

The most basic setup to get you growing with the seeds you have quickly would be to crack the seeds and put them in soil under a CFL (Compact Flourescent Light) once you have some growth, you will need better lighting, then nutrients etc but it will get you started quickly and cheaply.

Not sure if any of this helps or is a hinderance but green mojo to you Jimmy. W
Good advice!!!! I agree...........
 

jimmy187

New Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
1st thing after i bought the seed, What tools i need to buy for soil grow?
So i can understand how to make it successful, i need basic kits to grow Marijuana indoor
 

spoow

Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2011
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
i think we going to buy some pots and soil (does the soil has to be a specify soil?)

thanks
 

Growdude

I am the Smo King
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
4,565
Reaction score
3,217
jimmy187 said:
i have blueberry from dutch passion and northern light from royal seeds,
Beware the Dutch Passion BB, At least 2 people had that go hermi, myself included.
And these were not the femmed seeds.

Hope yours do not and good luck with your grow.
 
A

AlkaloidContent

Guest
I just want to say welcome. Unfortunately this isnt my place to get you started alot of what you have read should be taken into consideration. You need to learnt he basics of what is needed at minimum. READ READ READ. You are going to fail the very first time. So I would either start with some bag seed until you get a feel for your set up before you go using quality seeds. IMO.

There is a link at the top of this site Growing Resources. Study. Its the only way to pass the test.
 
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
19,438
Reaction score
8,292
How much money do you have to spend on this project? Until we know that, it is awfully hard to give you good advise.
 

Latest posts

Top