nitrogen problem??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have two blueberry clones and i got them there first week into flowering...the person that gave them to me didint use any nitrogen nutrients..now the two clones are starting to turn yellow...mostly the fan leaves all of the new growth is still really green but the tips are starting to turn yellow...the first nutrients they got was teusday...ff big bloom and tiger bloom...am i too far along to use the grow big?? the clones are in ff ocean forest...10'' pots under 400 watt hps fans blowing on the clones mylar around the walls i guess maybe my friend thought that because ocean forest is so high in nutrients he didnt need to use the grow big?? i just dont want to lose these girls there just starting to take off fast my friend did say something about the water i use...i use tap water to feed my plants could that be a problem as well??? does anyone have any ideas that can save my clones???

Hey Maine, 1st week of flowering is okay to add some N. I'd be carefull with how much, and make sure it's soluble - you don't want residual N hanging out for later absorbtion. Just for the record I'll frequently apply grow type nutes 2 or 3 weeks in the flowering transition period. They should be all set. You may want to consider a foliar aplication to provide a more "instant" green also. Spray and Grow zinc/iron will help things out and they both are essentially a form of n. providing chlorophyll production and more resistance to stress.

jmansweed said:
Hey Maine, 1st week of flowering is okay to add some N. I'd be carefull with how much, and make sure it's soluble - you don't want residual N hanging out for later absorbtion. Just for the record I'll frequently apply grow type nutes 2 or 3 weeks in the flowering transition period. They should be all set. You may want to consider a foliar aplication to provide a more "instant" green also. Spray and Grow zinc/iron will help things out and they both are essentially a form of n. providing chlorophyll production and more resistance to stress.

my plants are in there 2nd week of flowering...close to the 3rd will it still be ok to hit it with ff grow big?? if i to foliar feeding how much do i add to the mix???

ok i posted to pics in a new thread thats the only way i could figure it out let me know what u guys think and what i should do??? thanks

Latest posts

Back