Noob grow one!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

belowtheradar

Reaction score
Hello. I got a little board and anxious so I'm going to setup my grow journal. I am by no means going to spend a ton of money on this since its my first. Above all else it's to learn from, have fun, and if I'm lucky have a little crop at the end :) To start off the area is 4'x4' square closet. It's a decent spot for a couple of plants. The lighting I am going to use is either a 250 or 400 HPS light. I'm hoping you guys could help a bit there.

So the only plans I have to do in there is to put some plastic down incase of spills and a trey to catch water draining. I'm not entirley sure how many I'm going to try growing...maybe 4-6. Again hopefully I can get some recommendations.

For my intake and exhaust system I have two window fans. I was thinking about just punching some holes in one of the sliding doors for the exhaust and the other door intake. Each hole would have two indendently working fans for either exhaust or intake. They are about 10" fans. I'm hoping it's adaquet.

Like I said I'm not spending money on anything except dirt and the light. The seeds I'm using are going to be from a decent bag. I've done the germination thing a hundred times and had plants get about 8" tall outside. (usually deer got em or something stupid) The only real question I have about that is how much I could get out of them if it goes right?

So that's all I have for now I'll definitely be uploading pics of the area, fans, light etc in the future. I just have to buy the light and clean the closet out haha. Again any recommendations or altercations you may have please, post. It's appreciated.

You are going to need a 600W light to adequately light 16 sq ft. A 250W will light 5-6 sq ft, a 400W will light 9-10 sq ft. I do not think your "ventilation" plan will work either. You will most likely need some "real" fans (Can, Eclipse, Vortex...) that will move some serious amount of air around. You also have to have the ability to make your space absolutely 100% dark when you start flowering. You will not be able to do this with sliding closet doors, so give that some thought.

It is impossible to anticipate yield, especially where you are using unknown bag seeds. Watch out for hermies.

Latest posts

Back