Nooooooooooo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alistair Young said:
Hey Elliot,

I've had plenty of grows where something seems to be eating my leaves, but I never find the culprit. I always suspect a caterpillar, but never find one. I've seen that sort of thing on some of my current plants too, but it has never amounted to anything, and the plants seem fine. In fact, the mysterious invisible bug seems to have gone away and I see no more evidence of it eating my leaves. Perhaps you have nothing to worry about?

that was the exact same thing that happened to mine as well. but i started goin out to my plants more after dark couple months agoand noticed there were dozens of bugs havin their ways wit the ladies havin a smorgasborg of them. didnt really give much thought to identifyin them or nothin likethat but that was when i hit em wit wats called fungicide 3 in 1 miticide fungicide and pesticide by "schultz" at wal mart under ten dollars round six i think and lasted me 13 plants a whole bottle per application and i really do not have any bug probs no more. i use it every 3 weeks or so and lay moth balls all round the perimeter of my plants and spray the surrounding vegetatioon wit the homemade pepper and dish soap garlic concoction.
so maybe its more of a nocturnal bug as i never seen any culprits on my girls durin the day time jmo

The bug that I smashed was a small red spider and it wasn't on my plants... It was on the side of my feeding tub.. I have been keeping a careful eye on my plants and the problem doesn't seem as bad as I would have originally guessed.. Yes some of the leaves are being eaten at a little but, I'm not seeing lots of leaf disappearing.. I still have a fungus gnat problem, which may or may not be a problem depending on who you talk to.. I think I will still contruct a mantis net around my plants and introduce a couple mantids as guardians of my plants, just to make sure I have no problems.. Plus watching mantids is almost as entertaining as watching my plants.. Im just afraid of them breeding and putting 30 to 200 (per egg) living mantids in my grow room.. I wonder if they'd eat each other if there was a food shortage?? Still doing research.. Anyone ever tried this?

I believe I have found the culprit, for my problems with insects. My own stupidity. I in my very green stage at growing ( week 1 or 2 ish) I decided that I would try to produce CO2 in my grow room by using yeast, sugar, and water in a 1 liter bottle with a balloon with a pin hole on top. Some hours later.. I discovered my balloon to be flat, and couldn't figure out why. Well I left the freakin thing there to mold and fester. A solid 4- 5 weeks later I decided to get rid of it because it wasn't doing anything but reminding me of my (noobishness). The balloon had busted and not only did it smell horrible, but there were maggots festering inside the bottle.. Breeding ground for god knows what. But live and learn I suppose, although I feel very embarrassed at my foolishness. Cleaning my entire growroom with bleach and water, scrubbing and spraying, and leaving a festering bottle fastened to the wall.. Days after I have gotten rid of the demon, fungus gnats and flies have decreased dramatically.. Thanks to everyone who posted here though, I learned a little about insect problems and what spidermites really look like..

Elliot Jansen said:
I believe I have found the culprit, for my problems with insects. My own stupidity. I in my very green stage at growing ( week 1 or 2 ish) I decided that I would try to produce CO2 in my grow room by using yeast, sugar, and water in a 1 liter bottle with a balloon with a pin hole on top. Some hours later.. I discovered my balloon to be flat, and couldn't figure out why. Well I left the freakin thing there to mold and fester. A solid 4- 5 weeks later I decided to get rid of it because it wasn't doing anything but reminding me of my (noobishness). The balloon had busted and not only did it smell horrible, but there were maggots festering inside the bottle.. Breeding ground for god knows what. But live and learn I suppose, although I feel very embarrassed at my foolishness. Cleaning my entire growroom with bleach and water, scrubbing and spraying, and leaving a festering bottle fastened to the wall.. Days after I have gotten rid of the demon, fungus gnats and flies have decreased dramatically.. Thanks to everyone who posted here though, I learned a little about insect problems and what spidermites really look like..

Hey at least you dont have spider mites, and you found out the problem.

Thxs for the follow up.

Latest posts

Back