Normal for 4 weeks and 26 Days? - Special Kush #1 Plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
t5's are optimal for vegging. I use t5's at times but mostly a mhconversion hid.

mine looked almost exactly like that at about one month.. then they hit the reservoir at the bottom of the cup shortly after that and EXPLODED in size.

The transplant was successful, now Im just waiting until wednsday for my Ph meter, Soil, Fert, perlite, timers , Flowering light.

#Already have two CFL's for vegative just needed a extra for Flowering

Did you use seed starter mix or something else?

You are probably also underlit. How many CFLs do you have on your plant? What wattage are they--real wattage not equivalent wattage? Do you have a fan blowing on it? Do you have a dedicated space with reflective walls for your plant?

FatNakedGuy--what do you mean when you say "they hit the reservoir at the bottom of the cup"?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Did you use seed starter mix or something else?

You are probably also underlit. How many CFLs do you have on your plant? What wattage are they--real wattage not equivalent wattage? Do you have a fan blowing on it? Do you have a dedicated space with reflective walls for your plant?

FatNakedGuy--what do you mean when you say "they hit the reservoir at the bottom of the cup"?

I have 2 CFLs both are 45 (45+45=90). I have a fan and I have reflective walls (Aluminum foil). I also got starter mix and perlite bag.

Foil is not a good thing to use on the walls. Regardless of how it looks, it is a poor reflector of light. Remove the foil (almost anything is better). Flat white paint works well and is inexpensive.

Do you have an enclosure that you have your plants in? How large is it? You are going to need a lot more light. This may be part of the reason the plant is stunted.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Foil is not a good thing to use on the walls. Regardless of how it looks, it is a poor reflector of light. Remove the foil (almost anything is better). Flat white paint works well and is inexpensive.

Do you have an enclosure that you have your plants in? How large is it? You are going to need a lot more light. This may be part of the reason the plant is stunted.

I do have it enclosed its in my closed near the corner and Its wide enough to like reflect heat from the light and the fans breeze.

Definitely want to remove the aluminum foil. That is for reflecting heat not colored light. You can either paint the walls white or if you have a Lowes home improvement near you, you can get a 4'x25' roll of reflectix in the insulation section. It is 95% reflective of full spectrum, and it has some insulator value. Or you can order some panda film from one of the online stores. :)

Flat Whit Paint. I have used both and have never seen a difference,,except paint is easy and no wrinkles.

I've seen people use Miracle Grow with good results. It cant be that. I'd put money on the fact its your light. Im with Weedhopper, what light source are you using/ And how close are they? You can keep them real close like an inch and a half.

Lotsa help goin on here n good advice....sgt you might be use to givin orders ; ) but the ppl here have got you going in the right direction.

Use t5 lighting for veg and an HPS for flowering. Even if its only 150-250 watts. You can get a cheap 400watt for under 100 bux. Try good seeds and dont forget the dolomite lime ...its important!!

Goodluck!

I am growing the same strain, mine are into their 5th week of flower, mines were 4wks and about 8" and had at least ten alternating nodes, so I would say something is wrong. Looks well enough, nutes? light?

The distance between the cotyledons (first 2 round leaves you get) and the soil / next node, is incredibly far away. You are underlit for sure :(

Glad you're on the right track with what people are saying here. Yes, underlit.. yes, remove foil, it's for heat NOT light....yes, that soil is too thick, there's no aeration and having nutes in it are a big no-no, as the cotyledons hold all the stuff they need for the first 2 weeks or so.

Good luck! :aok:

Latest posts

Back