Norther Lights & White Rino

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jao33333

Reaction score
I'm two weeks into a late start White Rhino,Northern Lights Grow. I am not knew to the Out Door Cultivation World but i'm knew to these strains. My medium is Fox Farm and when the time is due Fox Farm Nutrients. If anyone could enlighten me on there traits I would be much obliged Thanks JJ :O) PS Pictures Soon

photo_070309_008 (3).jpg

You picked some nice strains, I grow NL outdoors as I find they adapt well to my northern climate, as far as FF nutes go I love them I follow the feeding schedule provided by FF and have awesome results, I mix the nutes at 1/2 strength!

Phatpharmer

I had great success with NL and White strains outdoors.Everytime I have grown NL outside I had mold issues :( White strains seem to be a little less prone to molding,however I have had the same problems,more or less, with WW.Good luck! You will have very good yeilds and nice plants.The NL produce a nice citrus odor when grown outdoors,if grown indoors they smell more like coffee,or pine :D Stay Cool.. * watch out for mold if the end of the season is wet.

I have also had great success w/ NL but also had mold problems w/ it....however, ONLY in years when it was wetter than usual and even then in only 1 outta the last 10 years did I lose a significant amount of NL to mold.

Northern climate here so keep thinking if I crossed NL w/ a shorter season variety that I could harvest prior to any mold ....hmmnn . Anyway- good luck- :peace:

peglegdeb said:
I have also had great success w/ NL but also had mold problems w/ it....however, ONLY in years when it was wetter than usual and even then in only 1 outta the last 10 years did I lose a significant amount of NL to mold.

Northern climate here so keep thinking if I crossed NL w/ a shorter season variety that I could harvest prior to any mold ....hmmnn . Anyway- good luck- :peace:
Thanks you!! What was you finishing time? and do they Top well?

I am doing Sensi's NL#5 and all I can say is wow! I have huge plants that are all very uniform in phenotype and do very well with heavy feedings. Big difference between Nirvana's NL and Sensi's for sure. Don't get me wrong Nirvana's NL is still one of my favorite jars to open on those restless night.

jao33333 said:
Thanks you!! What was you finishing time? and do they Top well?

Like I mentioned- late here- end of Sept. and it was a wet fall last year. Yes, Top beautifully- actually they're a wonderful, rugged variety.

peglegdeb said:
Like I mentioned- late here- end of Sept. and it was a wet fall last year. Yes, Top beautifully- actually they're a wonderful, rugged variety.
Great to here, Thanks. I fancy topping. I used to cultivate in my home state VT but now i reside about 1200 miles south so this will be a first for me dealing with this climate. Plenty off sun here i can say that. JJ:O)

Nice strains for sure as I too have grown NL outside for many years. This is the first time with KC Brains Northern Lights Speacial, and they look great. I have several phenos and had some males, but the plants are beautiful and are getting big and bushy. I really need to do some indoor growing though because this waiting 'til October business is getting old.:)

Last year I had a NL outside that was topped by a deer right after the second set of true leaves matured.The finished product was a "V" shaped plant about 4' tall,two huge colas,I called her victory:D they top very well.
Hey sherwood,i'm with ya' on the waitin' till october thing.My wife is the one who smokes the bud so she is not the one humping hundreds of pounds of supplies up the side of a cliff,nor is she concerned about the wait,so long as the season is bountiful.I used to grow indoors exclusively,and I came home one day to find a bowflex that was to make my growroom into a GYM :(
STAY COOL

Latest posts

Back