Not should it be done, but how?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowice81

h2o
Reaction score
I have a question requireing the expirence I feel only this forum can produce. A growing pot question of sorts as i'm sure would be expected. I live in an apartment in a fairly urban enviroment. My girlfriend has told me that I am not allowed to grow untill we buy a house. There are a ton of reasons why thats just a good idea. However I cannot take smoking shwag (commerical) any longer. And I need a hobby. I will grow and I will be good at it and i'm eager to start. Ahhh finally on to the question and thanks for being patient.

Is there a system or style of growing indoors that caters a little better to apartment living? Possibly small time hydroponics? Discluding the drying process. My folks have property and it wouldnt be an issue. Thank you in advance for any and all input.

-Peace

building a small grow box out of wood or a closet is usually the best way to go in an apt. from their its what u perfer. soil is usually easier to start with but hydo can be fun also if you want to take the time to learn.

thats what i would do if i had problem like you
B0002I6FHM.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

$50 thats the link
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...-4098238?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0002I6FHM

You raise an interesting point. This pantry. Relatively self contained. I assume I could fit an HPS in it. Would you say using this would only really promote soil growth?

i got something simular i use DWC hydroponics
and yes you can fit HPS but not with built in ballast.
if you going to do one plan or to you can go with 200 watt CFL or 250 watt HPS that cost $90.

I was really hoping to start out with at least 3 or 4 plants.

a 2x2 area and 4, 3 gallon pots and a 250 hps would work

hmmmmmmm ZMAN that will be tight but would work

a little lst and your on the way... :)

IMHO. With that pantry, heat maybe and issue especially from HID lights and heavy ventilation too if you girlfriend is opposed. I recommend using good grade compact floro's this will keep a low heat signal and not that much increase in your electric bill, one more reason for your girl to fuss. Remember 2500-3000 lumens p/sq. ft for veg and 5000 p/sq.ft for flower. take a look at the grow room design and set up section and you might get some great ideas. :) :farm:

By the way, I would start out with 1 gallon pots. General rule: 1 gal for every 12 inches.

I've seen in high times that they have a grow room made out of a small refridgerator. Like the size of a dorm fridge. It is totally self contained with a reflective surface vent holes hangers for lights.

I did build a 2x2x4 box with someone before and he only gets 1 plant in it at a time, but he harvests a QP from it ever 2 months.

I heard that Flouros are excatly what you dont want when growing. However I did antisipate ventalation being a problem. I know now that my intention is to start hydroponiclly and with about 3 plants. I only expect about 2 feet of growth before I start flowering. A purchase I intend to make is of a H.P.S. Wattage is debateable, and ventalation is a problem. But we can overcome this. I only wish I could share the spoils with yall once its all said and done. I have got myself one killer seed connection.

Flouro's are ok. I know quite a few people that grow with floro's and have excelent results. That is as long as you use the proper light spectrum at the proper time. The person I helped build the 2x2x4 has 34 2' log floros and he nets 3-4 oz per harvest of 1 plant of white widow

iv been using compact floros and have had great results and others on here have told me that compact floro's did better in veg than most other lights with their gardens.

CFL's are very energy efficient, of course we all know that, but they can be very benefical in growing. Low heat signature, offer a variety of light spectrums and can be run for hours without too much heat build up. Bottom line is all about lumens per/sq ft and the right spectrum. The latter would be more of choice.

Latest posts

Back