Now What?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy Horse

Reaction score
As I said in another thread, that i had a plant hermi and seeded my plants. They have been flowering for 6 weeks, and the Jillybean (the one that hermied) has some buds on her, not going to get much yield from her, and she has fluffy nugs, is the best one. Now my Purple powers on the other hand (8 week flower time), are hurting. They are healthy, but the buds on them are pathetic. They are not even buds. I also have another PP in there that was brought in later, and I believe did not get pollinated. She was brought in 3 weeks after the rest of the PP's, and the buds on her are twice the size.

So what should I do? Will they eventually get buds on them, say after a longer flowering period? Or are they screwed and won't get any bud on them? My options are get rid of them now, because all they are doing now is wasting my time and money, and try to make oil out of them. Even though there are no crystals on them at all. Or give them a couple more weeks to see what happens. But I will be pissed if they don't improve after a couple of weeks. Please help me :eek:

damn crazy horse thats a bummer.Do you have any idea why your plant hermied, do you think it was due to stress or genetics? Even if your plants were pollenated they would still put on some weight, try to improve your growing conditions. During my own grow one of my 6 plants hermied at week 6 due to unstable genetics, and they finish at week 9. As soon as I spotted it I chopped it, but it did release a few pollen sacs. I have only seen a few seeds and it doesn't seem to have effected the potency or yield too much, but perhaps that is because it occured so late in flower, I must have gotten lucky. I would make hash out of them if I were you, there are inexpensive ways but I would buy bubble bags, how big is your wallet? Check out the stickies in the hash section, good luck

Sounds like your plants went to seed and the buds are probally done on those. If they are full of seeds there will be a lot less smoke and it won`t be near as good. On the other hand some of the best smoke i ever had was a hermy that was 90% female and it was the most energy weed i ever smoked. It was like speed weed. Slim

im sorry to hear that bro..
could the plant be a femmale on the first weeks of flower and then turn hermi during the way?

i thought if its a hermy you will notice in the 2nd week of flowering when they show sex?

how can i know if my plant are hermi or not? im seing some buds on them?
Thanks

Keep looking at the base of the bud/flower. Thats where the little pollen sacs will develop. They will look like little test-tickles hanging from the flower.

red_ss said:
im sorry to hear that bro..
could the plant be a femmale on the first weeks of flower and then turn hermi during the way?

i thought if its a hermy you will notice in the 2nd week of flowering when they show sex?

how can i know if my plant are hermi or not? im seing some buds on them?
Thanks
Hermies can develop at any stage of flowering. The stamen may appear at the nodes,(base of the bud/flower.) but the can also develop within the pistilate flowers later on. Later in flower, they are much more difficul to see/discover.
Look closely for very small, yellow, "banana" in the swollen female calyxs.

Hick said:
Hermies can develop at any stage of flowering. The stamen may appear at the nodes,(base of the bud/flower.) but the can also develop within the pistilate flowers later on. Later in flower, they are much more difficul to see/discover.
Look closely for very small, yellow, "banana" in the swollen female calyxs.

thanks Hick.. the pistols with thier white hairs look to me simillar to the male pollen sacks! but they are smaller with hair?:confused:

i have 2 plants in thier 3rd week of flower they both look to be femmales and they are both same strain, but each one of them have a diffierent looking buds and the leaves is little bit diffirent?! one of them with thin leaves and the other with fat leaves.. what does that means?

search the forum, or google "phenotype"..
It's like two sisiters, one with red hair and freckles, the other with dark hair and complexion.
iT IS the manner in which the genes/aLLES HAVE COMBINED, PRODUCE DIFFERENT RESULTS.
oops. "cap lock".. :p

Hick said:
search the forum, or google "phenotype"..
It's like two sisiters, one with red hair and freckles, the other with dark hair and complexion.
iT IS the manner in which the genes/aLLES HAVE COMBINED, PRODUCE DIFFERENT RESULTS.
oops. "cap lock".. :p

mmm.. thats good news buddy..

so both of them could be femmales but diffirent look..make sense now;)

Thanks alot..

I think it was genetics. I've read smoke reports on the jillybeans and one guy said his plant had issues with it switching on him. I did not notice it when I sent her into flowering. She must of did it somewhere in the early stages of flowering. The pollen sacs were right where I topped her, on the main stem. I guess I will give them another week to see if they improve, and if not, they are toast. So much for my winter crop. But I did throw my mothers in there a week ago, so hopefully they will turn out alright. Thanks for the replies. CH

could a clone from a 100% femmale plant that produces femmales lets sayy for 3-4 generations be hermi along the way ?

I think any sort of stress or light leaks, would cause any female to hermi. But I think some strains are more prone to hermi than others.

Latest posts

Back