nute color change ph results???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timdog4

Reaction score
I use the ph kit with drops and matching the color, and i was wondering if the color of the nutrients would throw this off. I was mixing some nutes in water and it seems like it takes so much more ph up to bring ph up in the nutes as opposed to plain water. If I added that much ph up to plain water it would be thru the roof. I just ordered an oakton pen so I only have to deal with this for another week at most.

The reason it goes up so slowly is because the PH scale is logarithmic... like the richter scale.... each time you go up a point it is WAAAAAY bigger then the last.... however.. to go down... it is a lot easier each time u drop a point.

So you dont think the brownish coloring of the nutes in the water throw off the color which throw off results?

timdog4 said:
So you dont think the brownish coloring of the nutes in the water throw off the color which throw off results?

THAT... is a different problem... I always thought the same thing... back in the day when i used litmus paper... (because i was poor and couldn't afford a meter) I never had a problem... even if teh water was a lil dark because of the bat guano.

Latest posts

Back