nutes again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghettodreamz

Reaction score
nutrients are the only thing i dont think im clear about.. which ones should i buy? how much am i looking to spend? this should accomadate 6-8 plants// thanks yall

ghettodreamz said:
nutrients are the only thing i dont think im clear about.. which ones should i buy? how much am i looking to spend? this should accomadate 6-8 plants// thanks yall

I use General Hydroponics, "Flora Series" three part nutrients. The stuff is made in three distinct parts that can be adjusted endlessly according to your plants needs.

My last order was a gallon of each of the three, and the total was around $100 USA dollars.

It's worth every cent.

If you have "Hard Water", there is an alternate "Micro" blend that they offer. I use that one.

A gallon of each should get you through an entire crop the size you mentioned.

Here's the link to it:

General Hydroponics Flora Series Nutrients

were there any generic nutrients i can buy at say a home and garden store??? i jus have insufficient funds if you wanna say that. thnx fellaz

I got a quart of General Hydroponics Flora Nova grow for $22.00
this stuff is a one part nutriant and will get you off and growing and is very concentrated this quart will last a hole grow and more.
Just switch to Flora Nova bloom for bud phase.

http://www.genhydro.com/genhydro_US/floranova.html

ghettodreamz said:
were there any generic nutrients i can buy at say a home and garden store??? i jus have insufficient funds if you wanna say that. thnx fellaz
Gotta tell you man, growing weed isn't a cheap enterprise unless you plant them outside and let nature take it's course.

For an inside grow, two things are kind of expensive; lights and nutrients.

The electric bill will also show it. Mine has been over 250 bucks a month for as long as I remember.

I'll ask The Brothers Grunt to step in and advise you on using miracle grow to grow your weed, and I'll ask Mutt to step in to advise you on the least expensive setup you can make to veg and flower. These two guys have proven themselves so many times with this stuff, you wouldn't believe it.

Good luck to you man. I want to see the pics when you get a crop going.

Stoney Bud said:
Gotta tell you man, growing weed isn't a cheap enterprise unless you plant them outside and let nature take it's course.

For an inside grow, two things are kind of expensive; lights and nutrients.

The electric bill will also show it. Mine has been over 250 bucks a month for as long as I remember.

I'll ask The Brothers Grunt to step in and advise you on using miracle grow to grow your weed, and I'll ask Mutt to step in to advise you on the least expensive setup you can make to veg and flower. These two guys have proven themselves so many times with this stuff, you wouldn't believe it.

Good luck to you man. I want to see the pics when you get a crop going.

ya i kno its expensive i just thought that nutrients would be the only thing i could skimp by with.. i will have 1 1000 hps light coming in soon in a dwc 8 bucket setup... i did have a couple questions though... how long is the process going to take veg and flower ? wen do i know to change the light schedule?? thanks fellaz lookin to get this ish started soon

ghettodreamz said:
ya i kno its expensive i just thought that nutrients would be the only thing i could skimp by with.. i will have 1 1000 hps light coming in soon in a dwc 8 bucket setup... i did have a couple questions though... how long is the process going to take veg and flower ? wen do i know to change the light schedule?? thanks fellaz lookin to get this ish started soon
Whats up ghettodreamz. The whole process from seed to flower usually takes about 3 months or so when growing indoors. You start to flower your plants when you see either alternating nodes or pre flowers which is a sign that your plant is mature and ready for flower. This usually takes about 6 to 8 weeks.

ghettodreamz said:

Hey man, Bro Grunt is aboout right with that time frame.
Because your doing a hydro grow. You nutes can't be skimped on.
If you want to save money your first go around. I'd go with soil. Then you could use cheap nutes. It won't maximize the plant, but it can still be grown to finish with decent results.

Also when things go wrong in hydro it happens fast. where soil things are slower and easier to work out. Water and feed and let it grow while you work out the bugs with everything else.
Then the second grow use the DWC. Then you know your environment is 100% worked out.

Hydro nutrients contain all of the micro nutrients a plant needs to live. Where soil has a lot of the micro nutrients already in it. That is why the hydro ferts are more expensive.

the person i am working with has had success before growing some bomb *** reggie miller so i thought we could step it up this time... i already heard you cant skimp lights and nutrients so im jus gonna have to save more $$$.. i really think we can do this ive been researchin for about a couple months now and think i got mostly everything down.. any other useful info would be appr3ciated. thanks yall...... knowlege=the key

Hey ghettodreamz, I didn't realize you were growing hydroponically. You'll need to buy some good hydro nutes man. The ones I mentioned in the second post of this thread are the best ones IMHO. Don't get sucked into buying ten different nutes with fancy names like "Best Astro Power Orange MJ Nutes", there are a lot of nutes out there that are exactly the same stuff as standard hydro nutes.

If you get the ones I mentioned, that's all you need. No boosters, no fancy flowering super duper stuff. Just the three bottles of nutes mixed properly for the stage of growth.

About $100 for a full crop from start to finish.

Latest posts

Back