Odd Bud Growth????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBFan

Days of Wine and....Roses
Reaction score
This growth may not appear odd to some, but I've never had any buds grow like this.

This plant is actually a mother that I took 10 clones from and left only 3 growing tips on. She's done very well in spite of the abuse.

But the 3 tips that remained have grown out like something I haven't seen before.

This is what they look like at 27 days of flowering. It doesn't look like a normal cola, but rather several bud sites in one.

If this fills in, it would certainly be the biggest indoor bud I've ever had.

Anyone seen this before? If so, how'd it end up?

Hello BBFan

I've had one plant do this. It was the only plant I didn't do lst or scrog.

This is the end result. :hubba:

PA180071.JPG

Died_Evil said:
Hello BBFan

I've had one plant do this. It was the only plant I didn't do lst or scrog.

This is the end result. :hubba:

Very awesome Died Evil!

My plant seems to be multiple growth tips where normally it would form into one single cola.

Did your plant start out looking like that?

Awesome pic though- Thanks for sharing!

The mom's that I've flowered tend to have many smaller buds rather than I big one. But like you said, I've had smaller moms fuse into one big budball. I now cut out almost all inner growth on moms after the stretch to avoid this. It might be shooting myself in the foot but those big-ball-buds(softball size with a couple tips coming out) make me nervous with my Rh.

sheeeze & rice.:) ...

that looks like my KULT moms growth that got jacked out on the back 40 this fall... (treat her right BB). lol. lol.

your gonna be quite happy. your plants are...Irish...

VERY nice BB... Those side branches will probably need some help in a few weeks... A very GOOD problem to have... ;) I've seen some strains do that over the years... It's odd when all that energy takes off on side shoots but it's going to give you some very nice buds very close to the light...

Rock ON!:cool:

Budders Keeper said:
I now cut out almost all inner growth on moms after the stretch to avoid this. It might be shooting myself in the foot but those big-ball-buds(softball size with a couple tips coming out) make me nervous with my Rh.

Hey BK!

Don't take this the wrong way, but I hope I get to show you what you've been missing :p .

IRISH said:
sheeeze & rice.:) ...

that looks like my KULT moms growth that got jacked out on the back 40 this fall... (treat her right BB). lol. lol.

your gonna be quite happy. your plants are...Irish...

Hey Irish! Thanks for the input. I was bummed to read about your grow. I'll put up some pics as she progresses- I hope you're right ;) .

dirtyolsouth said:
VERY nice BB... Those side branches will probably need some help in a few weeks... A very GOOD problem to have... ;) I've seen some strains do that over the years... It's odd when all that energy takes off on side shoots but it's going to give you some very nice buds very close to the light...

Hey DOS- How you been?

I'm keeping them within 8" of a 400 watter, so I'm hoping she's not stretching for light with all those side shoots- it's all the way up the stem- if they fill in, it is going to be one massive bud!

The only other thing is- she was on the HPS side of my MH/HPS test. The plants that were under the MH have nice tight single cola buds. This mom and the clones that were under the HPS are exhibiting this multiple shoot bud trait- but I don't think it's pheno related cause they're all the same plant.

Thanks Guys!

WOW! thats awesome looking! i hope my plants look like that! Huge budz died evil! wat strain is that in the pic!?

It was an unknown bagseed strain...it was out in a field until I brought it in to finish flowering. Good smoke, the smell was intense!

I think the pic is missleading...it was only 33 grams dry. :p

Yup that's a crazy looking bud Evil... it's look like mj crossed with a Saguaro Cactus... :rolleyes:

Saguaro.jpg

Died_Evil said:
It was an unknown bagseed strain...it was out in a field until I brought it in to finish flowering. Good smoke, the smell was intense!

I think the pic is missleading...it was only 33 grams dry. :p

Looks a lot like the autos I grow...very much like a cactus..lots of tight bud growth...very nice

Latest posts

Back